2" Mopar Lift lifted my JL 6"

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I can't tell very clearly from the pics, but his front axle barely looks off-center, so I doubt the caster has changed too much. The rear on the other hand looks quite off.
Sponsored

Longislandwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Well, I ran out to do a little business and you guys asked for a pic. So here it is. It looks a little goofy with the factory rubber on it.
After pics.jpg
Mind you I still have to order up some wheels and tires. I'm thinking Method rims and 12.5 tires.
How much did they charge for the lift and how much to install?

OP
OP
G Man

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
Ok, long version. The parts manager ordered the kit part # based on the Mopar parts finder.. It was obviously wrong! Me,not knowing any better just assumed it was what was recommended and I got 6" of lift from a 2" kit, (flag # 1). After much help from you guys and some simple part # comparison I determined it was most definitely the wrong kit, no matter what the computer said. Mitch (parts manager at dealership for 23 yrs.) checked with specifier today and has ordered the correct kit. It will be in tomorrow am and they are going to do the change out on Wednesday. SHeesh what a pain, but at the end of the day he dealership came thru. And it's on record there.

During the 2-300 miles I drove the vehicle I did not have enough experience with the jeep to make any handling comments. The last jeep I had was a '92 wrangler. I've driven nothing but 3/4 ton trucks so the ride was already smoother in the jeep:). I couldn't make any COG judgement, but after following this thread I'm sure I was convinced it was squirley, even though I don't know for sure.. I didn't really didn't do much with it until I get this resolved.

I'll post some pics when I get the wheels and tires on it.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If they need someone to take that used 4-door lift off their hands, I'm sure someone here could help. :)

Glad they are getting you squared away.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
If it's still squirrely after the change-out, blame the tires. They suck and are worse at their factory-set 46PSI. Change it to 32-36 PSI and it will be better. New tires will also fix it right up. Rubicon tires weren't as bad, just the cheapies.

Sponsored

JL_Hoff

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep SRT, 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold), 2004 Aprilia RST1000
This just confirms how awful some of these dealer service departments are. Cmon - how could they not have known something wasn't right?!! I agree with forcing them to reset it to stock and installing the appropriate kit.
This is EXACTLY why I ordered and installed my lift myself!!! Every bolt was torqued to spec. The irony is FCA would deny my warranty claims because I am not a "trained Mopar professional", but at least I can sleep at night knowing it was done right!

Last edited:

JL_Hoff

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep SRT, 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold), 2004 Aprilia RST1000
Ok, long version. The parts manager ordered the kit part # based on the Mopar parts finder.. It was obviously wrong! Me,not knowing any better just assumed it was what was recommended and I got 6" of lift from a 2" kit, (flag # 1). After much help from you guys and some simple part # comparison I determined it was most definitely the wrong kit, no matter what the computer said. Mitch (parts manager at dealership for 23 yrs.) checked with specifier today and has ordered the correct kit. It will be in tomorrow am and they are going to do the change out on Wednesday. SHeesh what a pain, but at the end of the day he dealership came thru. And it's on record there.

During the 2-300 miles I drove the vehicle I did not have enough experience with the jeep to make any handling comments. The last jeep I had was a '92 wrangler. I've driven nothing but 3/4 ton trucks so the ride was already smoother in the jeep:). I couldn't make any COG judgement, but after following this thread I'm sure I was convinced it was squirley, even though I don't know for sure.. I didn't really didn't do much with it until I get this resolved.

I'll post some pics when I get the wheels and tires on it.
I am really glad that worked out for you. The JL is a great vehicle the Mopar lift is a nice lift .... as long as you instal the right one. ;)

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
I can help with a simple google search:

4 door with a 3.6L part number is: 77072395AB
2 door with a 3.6L part number is: 77072396AB
I am seeing the 2 door, 3.6 lift kit isn't even available yet, due out later this year?????
Oh, and they are charging more for them too,.....lame, I'm going with the RC most likely.
Are you sure you are getting the right one?

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Granite Crystal Metalic, 2013 Harley Davidson FXDF
I found this to be hilarious! Thank you OP, and I do apologize for my morbid sense of humor. However, you really brightened my day with this one. I'm glad the dealership got it worked out for you in the end. Make sure you post some pics of the finished product.

Sponsored

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Damn I thought it was a joke until I saw the pics. Jolly good fun sir. Another problem with that lift is the shocks are designed to fully extend from a 2 inch lift. At 6 inches they are already extended 4 inches before you even stretch your suspension out.

OP
OP
G Man

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the dealership has installed the correct lift kit. The only difference was the springs and shocks. The other parts #'s were the same. I personally checked the part numbers :). It looks good now, it also drives better, it actually has a functioning suspension!

I don't have any pics yet but it looks good. I've ordered some Method 305's and 35" BFG's. I'll post a pic when they get installed in about a week or so.

FYI. Before any mods were done I measured 21.75" to the bottom of the door. After the correct kit was installed that measurement is now 25.75" That's 4" worth of lift from a 2" kit. My brother says it will settle in and probably wind up with 3.5" worth of lift. That seems to be a normal measurement from what I can read online.

Cheers!

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Well the dealership has installed the correct lift kit. The only difference was the springs and shocks. The other parts #'s were the same. I personally checked the part numbers :). It looks good now, it also drives better, it actually has a functioning suspension!

I don't have any pics yet but it looks good. I've ordered some Method 305's and 35" BFG's. I'll post a pic when they get installed in about a week or so.

FYI. Before any mods were done I measured 21.75" to the bottom of the door. After the correct kit was installed that measurement is now 25.75" That's 4" worth of lift from a 2" kit. My brother says it will settle in and probably wind up with 3.5" worth of lift. That seems to be a normal measurement from what I can read online.

Cheers!
I am amazed that you seem to be the only one to secure the Mopar 2” lift for the 2 door JL. How did you get one? Are you sure the numbers are correct? The lift number is 77072396AB.

EDIT- I stand corrected. In doing a quick search they seem to be in stock now. As of yesterday they had a late November release date.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G Man

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FrankieFJL