2" Mopar lift lifted me up 3.75"

inorganik

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Just got the 2" Mopar lift on my otherwise stock 2020 JLUR. I like it! The ride seems a bit softer, there is a little bit more bounciness noticeable on bumps at higher speeds. I have not had a chance to test it offroad yet but heading to Moab next week.

Since I am towing, before I got the lift I measured the ball height from the ground to the top of the ball, it was 26.25". After the lift, it is at about 30" even. The ball is on a shank for an equalizer hitch so I will flip it around and should be able to get it close to where it was. Talking to a guy at High Country Performance 4x4 (Great shop btw) , they said the height on Mopar lifts is a little higher than advertised and there is a settle-in period. Glad I got the extra inches, though I will feel better when I get the equalizer hitch readjusted and towing is ok.

Just thought I would share since I didn't read about this anywhere during my lift research.

The camper pictured at right is the Apex Tera, a new camper from Coachmen. It's 2900 lbs dry and about the lightest camper I could find that's not a tent trailer. Tows pretty nicely with the equalizer hitch but I go about 55mph up I70 here in CO which has some pretty steep grades.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Mopar lift lifted me up 3.75" lift-compare
Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Just got the 2" Mopar lift on my otherwise stock 2020 JLUR. I like it! The ride seems a bit softer, there is a little bit more bounciness noticeable on bumps at higher speeds. I have not had a chance to test it offroad yet but heading to Moab next week.

Since I am towing, before I got the lift I measured the ball height from the ground to the top of the ball, it was 26.25". After the lift, it is at about 30" even. The ball is on a shank for an equalizer hitch so I will flip it around and should be able to get it close to where it was. Talking to a guy at High Country Performance 4x4 (Great shop btw) , they said the height on Mopar lifts is a little higher than advertised and there is a settle-in period. Glad I got the extra inches, though I will feel better when I get the equalizer hitch readjusted and towing is ok.

Just thought I would share since I didn't read about this anywhere during my lift research.

The camper pictured at right is the Apex Tera, a new camper from Coachmen. It's 2900 lbs dry and about the lightest camper I could find that's not a tent trailer. Tows pretty nicely with the equalizer hitch but I go about 55mph up I70 here in CO which has some pretty steep grades.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Mopar lift lifted me up 3.75" lift-compare
Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Mopar lift lifted me up 3.75" thats what she said

Nice looking rig!

OP
OP
inorganik

inorganik

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Update, it settled down a 1/2 inch, will probably settle a little more

OP
OP
inorganik

inorganik

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I've really liked it. I haven't had to upgrade any other parts. I've towed my camper cross country and wheeled in Moab.
Sponsored