Sponsored

2" lift with 35s, any regrets with this set-up? Ideal set-up for 35s?

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I love those wheels! Barstow, right? I am thinking to get the same ones. Could you let me know if you get any dirt left directly behind the beadlocks? It looks like they stick up a little bit creating a lip of some sort. Thanks!
it was the barstow's but I changed them up over a year ago. I honestly dont remember if there was dirt behind the deadlocks.

Edo-Vegas

First Name
Edgar M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Have 35s stock suspension, offroaded 2 days at Sand Hallow in rocks and sand never felt like I needed a lift or hit the bottom. View attachment 313431

IMG-20200428-WA0019.jpg
I was looking for a 18x10 to get a fat stance plus my tires are 325-65. Not a lot of choices , I took the center covers off and used regular caps

Screenshot_20200429-150753.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak 2.5 gamechanger. No regrets. Lose a couple miles per gallon in mileage.

IMG_20200428_113309_657.jpg

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Still lookin good John!

How's the Teraflex shocks workin out for you?
They workin that garage slab im telling you, like no other shock would!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
On a serious note, they are absolutely fabulous. Very tight and sporty on road, and sucks up the whoops off road. I am still very pleased with them.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
On a serious note, they are absolutely fabulous. Very tight and sporty on road, and sucks up the whoops off road. I am still very pleased with them.
Less than half the price of the Fox 2.5 reservoir shocks I was looking at too... very nice. You are still running the MetalCloak springs?

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Less than half the price of the Fox 2.5 reservoir shocks I was looking at too... very nice. You are still running the MetalCloak springs?
Yup, and also very pleased with that choice. Great flex on trail keeps all 4 tires gripping and on road manners were not greatly degraded.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
IMO true 2" lift and 35 is the best combination for on road, off road, mpg, drivability, ease of get in and out, fender wheel well space, geometry.

Just be careful not all 2" lift are create equal, there are true 2" lift like Synergy, Dynatrac, Rancho, Rusty, etc, and there are fake 2" lift like Mopar one which give you 3-3.5 inch lift.

Also not all 35s are the same, 315 KO2 is more like a 34, while Nitto 35 is a true 35.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I just placed an order for a Rancho 2.0 w/9000xl series and adjustable shocks. I am planning on going with a 315/70/17 Patagonia on stock rubi rims. I know a lot of people say that you'll regret no going 37's and I'm willing to take the risk. look at it this way for anyone that is on the fence, going up to to 37's is going to require at min a relocation bracket, really a reinforcement kit, wheel spacers or new wheels, if you start pricing it all out it starts to get expensive.

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just placed an order for a Rancho 2.0 w/9000xl series and adjustable shocks. I am planning on going with a 315/70/17 Patagonia on stock rubi rims. I know a lot of people say that you'll regret no going 37's and I'm willing to take the risk. look at it this way for anyone that is on the fence, going up to to 37's is going to require at min a relocation bracket, really a reinforcement kit, wheel spacers or new wheels, if you start pricing it all out it starts to get expensive.
Interested in how this turns out and your thoughts. Pretty much exactly what I want to do.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in how this turns out and your thoughts. Pretty much exactly what I want to do.
I'll definitely post my thoughts. I have been researching this for way to long. @wibornz has been a huge help and him/his groups first hand experience has helped me make the decision. Are they're better lifts out there, yes. My thought was at what cost vs reward? I am a weekend warrior, that want's to get out and explore and conquer some mild to moderate obstacles every now and then. I haven't heard any major complaints about the Rancho lift other than the common rust on shocks issue. which has been an issue on their products for as long as I can remember. I plan on spraying them with clear coat before installing (can't hurt). worst case scenario you might have to replace your shocks sooner due to rust but it will be a lot cheaper. I have ordered everything and it should be here by next Tuesday. all in Tires(35's), Lift w/9000xl's, and Tazr came in at under
$2k. if I went 37's I would have needed Tire carrier or relocation bracket (not recommended) $150-$500, 37's Tires $150+, and most likely wheel spacers or new wheels $200-$1K +. and eventually new gears . All the extras would most likely not take me anywhere different then I would normally go. this being said, I will go 37's eventually but now I can start piecing the other parts together to get there.

I borrowed this from another post, but here is the rancho lift with 35's and aftermarket wheels.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2" lift with 35s, any regrets with this set-up?  Ideal set-up for 35s? 1589551886625

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I finally, have all the parts minus the Tazer that has been out for delivery for a 1 1/2 weeks(not sure if I really need this anymore). 35's are installed, Rancho lift sitting in the garage. However, I realized as I was laying all my parts/tools out to install I'm missing a few tools (which I'm guessing was "misplaced" during our last move, damn Military movers!
I do have a trusted local mechanic shop that we have used a number of times before, that will do it for $350-$400. So now I'm contemplating going and purchasing the tools which who doesn't need more tools! But, $400 max / 4hrs is an easy write off knowing that if there is an issue it's not my fault ;) and I probably would spend $200 / 8hrs+ on tools and time installing it on floor jacks in my garage.
Sponsored