Sponsored

2" lift with 35s, any regrets with this set-up? Ideal set-up for 35s?

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be eating my own words at this point:

Switched to 37s and overall like it, but you do get a much larger (although nothing serious) degradation in daily driving on them over going to 35s from 33s. Little more wiggle in them and you do notice them but they look much better.

I feel like a TRUE 2" lift would look good on 35s, but with the Mopar being so much closer to 3" I never got happy with the lift to tire size. At the end of the day, the main reason to lift is to add larger tires to gain clearance and with that Mopar lift the 37s just make sense. If I would have done it again with the 315/70s I would have looked at the Teraflex 2" or the skyjacker 1.5" and just throw on some Fox / Falcon shocks. I think that would be a much more daily appropriate setup without too much gap.

IMG_20180803_134309.jpg

sketch-1533336910832.png
Hey Rob, looking good. I’m running 35s I switched off my JKUR onto my JLUR with the 2” Mopar lift. however when they come due for replacement I’d like to go 37s. Looks like you take your Rubi wheeling so I’d like your feedback on the rubbing you’ve experienced with the 37s and the Mopar lift when fully flexed and disconnected. If you encountered rubbing did you trim or modify you wheel well liners?
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Rob, looking good. I’m running 35s I switched off my JKUR onto my JLUR with the 2” Mopar lift. however when they come due for replacement I’d like to go 37s. Looks like you take your Rubi wheeling so I’d like your feedback on the rubbing you’ve experienced with the 37s and the Mopar lift when fully flexed and disconnected. If you encountered rubbing did you trim or modify you wheel well liners?
I actually have the quadratec hard rock wheels which are a little wider and more offset than the OE wheels. The only rubbing that I get however are from those little plastic wheel well pieces that go in front of the rear bumper.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Mopar 2" Lift with 20" Wheels 35" tires, I love it!

atrux1.jpg
atrux2.jpg
@pjs1inc what wheels are you running? Can you post the width, offset/backspace? How far are you pushing out past the fender?
Digging the look of your rig!

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking into the Mopar 2” lift and KO2 35’s. I was wondering if people had any other steering issues or track bar geometry issues after just the lift and tires?

Has anyone found a spare tire carrier that’ll work on the 35’s? I realize the tire mount slides up. To account for a larger tire, we’re people running these just upgrading the gate hinges or sonwith the re-enforcement kit ?

Has anyone sold their original Rubicon suspension ? If so how much is the going price ?

Sponsored

docyes

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2 Door
Ordered 35" BFG KO2's, Mopar Black Performance wheels and the 2" Mopar lift last week. When my tires and rims come in(this upcoming week) and I mount them, I will take plenty of photos for all to look and see how the Jeep looks stock height with 35's. A few days after when I have the Mopar 2" lift installed I will again take plenty of pictures at many different angles everyone can clearly see the difference and compare. In my opinion - yes looks matter but so does performance. I think the 35" KO2's, the Black Mopar performance wheels[315x8.5"x17] and the Mopar 2" inch lift is going to be a perfect combo. Wheels will stick out about 2" which will visually balance out the slightly bigger gap between tire and flare by giving the Jeep a wider more aggressive stance. Going with 37's or bigger compromises a lot of performance. Stay posted tons of pics coming soon!!
I did the exact same to my 2019 2-door 3.6 manual sport with LSD rear differential.

Overall it's way to tall. City starts are sensitive and at highway speeds 5/6 are not overly useful nor safe.

Will re-gear to 4.56 but still need to figure out if dealer will do it to maintain warranty. I was unable to find a Mopar re-gear kit so will have to go third party.

eciaccord

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep
My JLU with 35’s after picking it up from the shop. I just had my Mopar kit installed. I definitely want to go to a larger tire to fill in the gap but I’m worried about my garage door clearance.

AC0D79BC-CCB8-497E-938F-0B27856577F8.jpeg

UDUBJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T
I don't know for sure. I ran the factory wheels for a bit with the Toyos and they didn't rub either at all.
So even with the stock rims and 35's you didn't rub at all? Did you try it with the sway bars disconnected? Did it rub then?

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
My JLU with 35’s after picking it up from the shop. I just had my Mopar kit installed. I definitely want to go to a larger tire to fill in the gap but I’m worried about my garage door clearance.

Omg your tires...

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
True 2” Dynatrac lift and 35s. No issues. Love it.

C59042C5-9A87-405C-8737-E9C93C29C1C8.jpeg

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase

Is there any rubber at all on these tires? Oh, man..... It's like going to a gym wearing stiletto heels.....

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
2.5 EVO lift with 18 and 35x12.5

D2060E5C-2DEB-401B-A7CB-2D9B24072367.jpeg
I love those wheels! Barstow, right? I am thinking to get the same ones. Could you let me know if you get any dirt left directly behind the beadlocks? It looks like they stick up a little bit creating a lip of some sort. Thanks!

JLA_Mo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Granite)
I have a JLUR manual transmission with the Mopar lift, Mopar beadlocks and running BFG 35s and I wish I would have done 37s after 5,000 miles. My MPG in the current setup is sub 15 MPG and normally sub 13. 4th gear up any size hill is about all the 4.1 gearing will handle. For interstate driving I have to shift out of 6th to 5th if there is a slight incline even at speeds above 65 mph. I can't imagine 37s would be much worse than what I already get.

In terms of added height, the 37s will only another inch for the family to crawl in; I don't think they will notice if I don't tell them.

I plan to upgrade tire size and gearing once I get closer to 20k miles on the ride to help maximize the investment already made. I will likely keep my spare as a 35 however just to save the money.
I know this is from a long time ago, but what was your MPG with stock? I have a 2018 Manual JLUR and have been considering doing 35s and a lift but I am currently getting over 20MPG most of the time. I agree about 6th gear being mostly useless and needing fourth for any kind of highway incline.
Sponsored