Sponsored

2" lift with 35s, any regrets with this set-up? Ideal set-up for 35s?

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I'm contemplating the 35s vs 37s too, as I wait for the 2-door Mopar 2" lift. Sometimes, I think: Yeah, 35s occasionally look small with a 2" lift....only because I'm viewing pics of 37s on this Jeep loving forum. And, I think 35s and a 2" lift will look totally bad ass out in the real world.... Plus I every time a friend gets to my Rubicon 33s they comment on how big the tires are. Geez, 33s used to be the awesome standard of TJs lol
Although I'd hardly characterize 35's and stock height as "looking small", I personally think that adding the Mopar 2" lift will leave you wanting more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of folks have reported the Mopar lift being closer to a 3" gain.
I also should add that running a 35 has resulted in what I consider to be a noticeable drop in highway performance. For me....re-gearing will be an absolute must if I ever go larger, and my current combo isn't even close to the heaviest out there. Regardless of what several folks on here have said, I find city travel to be okay, but out on the highway my truck is constantly wanting to downshift.

20180901_162254.jpg
Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Although I'd hardly characterize 35's and stock height as "looking small", I personally think that adding the Mopar 2" lift will leave you wanting more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of folks have reported the Mopar lift being closer to a 3" gain.
I also should add that running a 35 has resulted in what I consider to be a noticeable drop in highway performance. For me....re-gearing will be an absolute must if I ever go larger, and my current combo isn't even close to the heaviest out there. Regardless of what several folks on here have said, I find city travel to be okay, but out on the highway my truck is constantly wanting to downshift.

20180901_162254.jpg
I'm assuming your jeep has 35's with no lift right

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
I'm assuming your jeep has 35's with no lift right
That is correct Armando....the picture posted in your quote was stock ride height and 35's.
20180901_162254.jpg

Since that post, I added the Teraflex 1.5" lift (1" front & 1.5" rear)....see below.
20180930_122757.jpg

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Ordered 35" BFG KO2's, Mopar Black Performance wheels and the 2" Mopar lift last week. When my tires and rims come in(this upcoming week) and I mount them, I will take plenty of photos for all to look and see how the Jeep looks stock height with 35's. A few days after when I have the Mopar 2" lift installed I will again take plenty of pictures at many different angles everyone can clearly see the difference and compare. In my opinion - yes looks matter but so does performance. I think the 35" KO2's, the Black Mopar performance wheels[315x8.5"x17] and the Mopar 2" inch lift is going to be a perfect combo. Wheels will stick out about 2" which will visually balance out the slightly bigger gap between tire and flare by giving the Jeep a wider more aggressive stance. Going with 37's or bigger compromises a lot of performance. Stay posted tons of pics coming soon!!

Sponsored

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
That is correct Armando....the picture posted in your quote was stock ride height and 35's.
20180901_162254.jpg

Since that post, I added the Teraflex 1.5" lift (1" front & 1.5" rear)....see below.
20180930_122757.jpg
Seriously, stop posting pictures of your Jeep.

I wanted to keep my wheels and tires stock this time!

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
BFG 35" with the Mopar 2" lift. It took out the rear sag. Gained 2" in the front and 3" in the rear, probably because I have the soft top and not a lot of weight back there. LOL. I like the way it came out.

IMG_7120.JPG
IMG_7124.JPG
IMG_7121.JPG
IMG_7122.JPG
IMG_7123.JPG

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
35 KO2s on Teraflex 1.5 St1 with Falcon shocks went on today. It's a little taller in the fender but I'm happy with the ride quality. i also plan on eventually putting on a roof rack, some overland gear, etc. so the added weight will probably reduce the height a bit. not going to 37s unless absolutely necessary.

Will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just installed the Rancho 2" lift. Other than trying to figure out how to get the computer to stop throwing an ESC and ABS issue (my steering wheel is centered), I've been really happy with it. I'll probably eventually move to 37s in a few years but right now I think it looks great. Can't wait to try it out on some crawling!
IMG_0975.jpeg

Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Rancho 2" lift. Other than trying to figure out how to get the computer to stop throwing an ESC and ABS issue (my steering wheel is centered), I've been really happy with it. I'll probably eventually move to 37s in a few years but right now I think it looks great. Can't wait to try it out on some crawling!
IMG_0975.jpeg
Looks great Joiky. Did you have to add anything to the Rancho kit like adjustable lower control arms or track bars? How do you like the Rancho so far?

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looks great Joiky. Did you have to add anything to the Rancho kit like adjustable lower control arms or track bars? How do you like the Rancho so far?
Thanks. Didn't need to install anything else. So far I like it. Going to take it offroad soon and give it a real test but I expect it will go well.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
IMG_0975.jpeg
Nice looking JLUR. Love the lift. Do you known if going with an aftermarket lift will voice the Mopar Lifetime Warranty?

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if a 35 inch tire (KO2) will fit on the spare tire rack on the back? If not what do you suggest I do to have it fit?

I have a sport a btw. Idk if that matters.
Im running 315/70R17 BFG KO2's with Black Rhino Warlord 17x9 rims. With this configuration the bottom of the tire rubbed on the bumper. Not horribly but I didnt care for it. I installed the Smittybilt relocation kit and Im good to go now.

Joiky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Nice looking JLUR. Love the lift. Do you known if going with an aftermarket lift will voice the Mopar Lifetime Warranty?
Probably.
Sponsored