Sponsored

2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Truth is, I also had my concerns about the height of the Mopar lift. I connected with some folks running it to see it in person. Most of the first ones I saw were on Rubicons. Given the High Line fenders it made it hard to get a sense of the change. It was only after seeing and parking my Sahara beside another Sahara that I could get the most accurate idea of delta between the before and after.

The Dynatrac was the other suspension I had really considered. I really liked the "true 2" aspect of it and people gave it really high marks for its softer spring rate and ride quality. I was super curious and read a lot about and went back and forth towards both! That said, the need to add more parts (lower arms) + the lack of a single place to take my rig for service swayed me to stick with Mopar.

Lastly, while I had always run a 33" tire on my past jeeps. They were mounted on a 15 or largest 16" wheel. JL's moving to larger brake caliper force us to a 17" wheel. I traditionally like a taller / narrower tire but also want a generous sidewall in instances where I may need to air down). So I started checking on what was available in a 34 or 35. The 315 KO2 were the only 35 I could find in a C ply. I have always run these KO / KO2 tires (They are amazing in snow) - and so while I like the idea of the 285 / 75 / 17... The KO2 only came in an Eply. Having had years of back issues, I find I notice and feel the difference in tire stiffness perhaps more than some.

Anyhow... The beauty of Jeeps is in their endless ways to be customized. I learn a ton from reading what others have done and hope this serves as helpful context for folks!~
Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Are the Mopar 2" lift kits any better than the other lift kit out there. I found someone local selling a Mopar Jeep 2" lift kit with the Fox shocks for 1100.00 new in the box but I also see a lot of other 2" lift kits much cheaper. I this kit more in price because of the Fox shock that are included? Sorry for the newbe question but I'm new to the Jeep world as I just purchased this new 2018 Jeep JL 4D Sahara with only 13,000 miles. I don't want to lift it to high but want to make it look a little more manly.
I did the Rancho 3.5 lift kit with 9000 shocks and couldn't be happier. I've had it installed now for about 8k miles and it gets smoother by the day. The adjustable shocks are great when going to the trail. Just make sure you get a new track bar. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

20190704_205130.jpg

KansasMoose

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Thats a fair point. However, I do think that depending on the weight of added stuff on a Rubicon, it still delivers more than 2" from stock. For reference, Here is a photo of it at stock height with 33 KO2 vs with the lift and the same 33" tires. There are other threads where folks talk about weather or not 33's work or are small with the Mopar. Ultimately, I though they didn't fill the well and I swapped them out for 315's.

Love the current set up... though, I did have to put my original Sahara steps back on while I look for a new rail with a step. I had Rubicon rails (Which I like) - but my young daughter needs a step to get in! ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara 20190704_205130

SO is this the Mopar 2" lift and 35" tires? I am thnking of doing the same on a Sahara I am picking up this weekend. Yours looks awesome, love it.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Thanks, I am on a 2” Mopar with 35”s. However, the photos you referenced show it first (profile shot) stock height on 33”s followed by lift with 33’s... I swapped out to 35’s shortly after - see below.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara 72D03CB3-B96B-4DF8-A70F-5B2018E22C96
Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara DC0562DE-AC29-4F6C-AC38-8BCBB32363D3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara 6FB39C7E-D029-48BB-9A6E-6ED89D9ABF23

SO is this the Mopar 2" lift and 35" tires? I am thnking of doing the same on a Sahara I am picking up this weekend. Yours looks awesome, love it.

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
+1 for the Rancho with the 9000xl adjustable shocks.

really nice thing, is that for the same money you would spend for that mopar lift, you could get the rancho lift with the 9000 shocks, and adjustable front track bar, and the rancho geometry correction brackets.

I didn’t see it mentioned yet, but the mopar lift lower control arms are too short. That is why people put them on stock rubicons. (Or sports /saharas that do the rubicon suspension swap)

the geometry correction brackets get the correct axle angle & location, while the adjustable track bar will get the axle centered again side to side.

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
I explored the same thing with mine. I wanted some lift, but didn't need/want anything too excessive, or too expensive. I posted quite a bit in this thread → thread link.

I ended up going with a Daystar 2" kit. I've got 34" tires on it now (not in my original plan), and it turned out like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara 6FB39C7E-D029-48BB-9A6E-6ED89D9ABF23

Good luck, there are a lot of options for you.
Longer LCAs? Or just the lift and tires?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Longer LCA's too. I was specifically looking for a kit that came with them. Daystar's kit did, which is one of the reasons I chose it over other brands.
Sponsored