2" Lift Kits for a 2018 Jeep JL Sahara

fear7950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 Sahara
Are the Mopar 2" lift kits any better than the other lift kit out there. I found someone local selling a Mopar Jeep 2" lift kit with the Fox shocks for 1100.00 new in the box but I also see a lot of other 2" lift kits much cheaper. I this kit more in price because of the Fox shock that are included? Sorry for the newbe question but I'm new to the Jeep world as I just purchased this new 2018 Jeep JL 4D Sahara with only 13,000 miles. I don't want to lift it to high but want to make it look a little more manly.
Sponsored

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Rancho has one at half the cost of the Mopar.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I explored the same thing with mine. I wanted some lift, but didn't need/want anything too excessive, or too expensive. I posted quite a bit in this thread → thread link.

I ended up going with a Daystar 2" kit. I've got 34" tires on it now (not in my original plan), and it turned out like this:

19 5-4 (3) resize.jpg

Good luck, there are a lot of options for you.

OP
OP

fear7950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 Sahara
I explored the same thing with mine. I wanted some lift, but didn't need/want anything too excessive, or too expensive. I posted quite a bit in this thread → thread link.

I ended up going with a Daystar 2" kit. I've got 34" tires on it now (not in my original plan), and it turned out like this:

19 5-4 (3) resize.jpg

Good luck, there are a lot of options for you.
And that look prefect!

Sponsored

Gallagher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited JL
I have a 2" BDS 1435H lift that I am really happy with running 35's...no issues at all....other than I wish I bought a 3.5" lift and 37's

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
TeraFlex 1.5. (Willy's has Rubi springs and shocks) so it may sit different on Sport or Sahara

JLW2.jpg

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I too installed the daystar 2 inch lift and put Rubicon shocks and springs on my sport. I still have the 33" bf's on it, but will be going to 34 or 35's when these wear down.

QUOTE="fear7950, post: 1078365, member: 49319"]Are the Mopar 2" lift kits any better than the other lift kit out there. I found someone local selling a Mopar Jeep 2" lift kit with the Fox shocks for 1100.00 new in the box but I also see a lot of other 2" lift kits much cheaper. I this kit more in price because of the Fox shock that are included? Sorry for the newbe question but I'm new to the Jeep world as I just purchased this new 2018 Jeep JL 4D Sahara with only 13,000 miles. I don't want to lift it to high but want to make it look a little more manly.[/QUOTE]

20191231_084254.jpg

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
So everyone has their own impressions / logic behind how they approach lifts. I'll add mine for context and a varied perspective. Worth noting, mine isn't right... just right for me~

I have the 2" Mopar on mine and also ran this same lift on my 2012 JK. I loved both. Now, in fairness. it IS more expensive... and in my case I paid the dealer to install also... so cost was not the main factor that influenced my choice. What I like is that it VERY much maintains it's road manner and definitely delivers a ride that I am really happy with. It gives me the clearance to roll on 35's while maintaining a ride that is super comfy on my nearly 50 year old back! Now to achieve this, I approach my suspension with a more holistic set of goals. I am on my 10th jeep... and it took a lot of trial an error with my CJ's, TJ's, JK's and now JL to figure how I like it.
  1. I like a more complete suspension that gives me the desired height via springs / shocks and address the links / arms in a more complete set up. In fairness, I do wish the Mopar kit came with adjustable track bar. However, I have found this to deliver a softer ride and corrects key geometry that helps with ware and alignment
  2. When I go up i also change out the wheels / offset so that I can widen my stance close to the distance I have gone up. This is to maintain as close to the original steering geometry and avoid it becoming tippy given the added height. I find this even more important since a live axel has more bump steer and feels the road more that an independent front end.
  3. Lastly, I like a C ply tire. Thickest I go with is a D ply. Rock crawlers really like the durability of an E ply (and a lot of the larger tire makers limit the offering at larger sizes) However, while an E ply is more durable for certain use and great for a full size vehicle that will tow real weight... it stiffens the ride
It's worth noting that the JL 2" does deliver more than 2". It has settled over the last year, but it is still a larger lift than it suggests. The JK 2" was a true 2" lift. So if the specific height you are after is 2" - it is worth being aware that the Mopar will sit higher.

Additionally, since my dealer sold and installed, they also cover my Jeep in its modified form. There are folks on this Forum that debate and challenge weather or not a dealer will do this... and in fairness perhaps they have had an experience where a dealer declined them service.

However, this being my 10th Jeep, I know my dealer, the GM / Service Manger pretty well and I assure you that if you develop a relationship with good business folks they will treat you fair. My dealer would NEVER risk losing a repeat customer over any legitimate warranty issue. And should I brake something because of my use / misuse, I wouldn't ask them to. But over the years, they have covered everything I have ever brought them.

Anyhow, hope this point of view gives another angle at how you might approach! Ill note that I got a TON of great advice from @Shots on another forum around homemade links to over-ride the air suspension on the Grand Cherokee WK2.

This is just my .02$ on the pile of pennies!~

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
remember that a 2 inch Mopar lift is 2 inch on a rubicon your sahara will net out 3.5 inches so if you are going for 33s and not 35s look for a lift kit that says excluding Rubicon. then you will get closer to a true 2 inch lift.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Thats a fair point. However, I do think that depending on the weight of added stuff on a Rubicon, it still delivers more than 2" from stock. For reference, Here is a photo of it at stock height with 33 KO2 vs with the lift and the same 33" tires. There are other threads where folks talk about weather or not 33's work or are small with the Mopar. Ultimately, I though they didn't fill the well and I swapped them out for 315's.

Love the current set up... though, I did have to put my original Sahara steps back on while I look for a new rail with a step. I had Rubicon rails (Which I like) - but my young daughter needs a step to get in! ;)

remember that a 2 inch Mopar lift is 2 inch on a rubicon your sahara will net out 3.5 inches so if you are going for 33s and not 35s look for a lift kit that says excluding Rubicon. then you will get closer to a true 2 inch lift.
IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

IMG_6241.jpg

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look pretty rugged. Appreciate the link! Though I am hoping to find something that conceals the pinch weld at the base of the tub. Older CJ’s and TJ’s had a cleaner tub finish.. that weld on JK’s / JLs has always been something I like to cover both for body protection and aesthetics

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
So everyone has their own impressions / logic behind how they approach lifts. I'll add mine for context and a varied perspective. Worth noting, mine isn't right... just right for me~...
That's a great way to look at it. There is no "perfect" lift for every Jeep. Everyone has their own needs and desires with what they expect from a lift. I think people should be open to other perspectives when shopping for a lift (or anything) instead of jumping on the band wagon of the most popular kit.
Great point about the height of the Mopar kit. That's actually one of the things that ruled it out for me. I too had read that it would be taller than the advertised 2". Although to some people that may be a bonus, not a deterrent. My other big issue with it was the price. It looked nice, but I kept comparing the Mopar kit to the Dynatrac kit which was the same approximate price. That kit had great reviews and it sounded like the height was more accurately advertised. Although the warranty side of things is a huge perk of the Mopar kit over the others.
Sponsored