2 DR JL tops are HARD TO FIND

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
All i want is a safari top for my 2Dr JL. Bestop's website has been OOS since I bought my Jeep a year ago...I have searched high and low on the forums without any luck...

Anyone find one and have experience? I bought a Spiderwebshade and am not a fan since my head hits it since i'm tall but I am fine with the hardtop on. Looking for a Bestop like solution with the old windshield channel....

Anyone seen or have one they like? Seems like everything these days is for the 4 door version.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
CO JL Rubi

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do Not order this one from Rampage. If you drive over 55MPH, parts and pieces fly off this thing. Not made for highway speeds which makes this useless. I now have it sitting on my garage floor after nuking on my drive home tonight....

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I just sucked it up and bought a complete soft top from the dealer. It is the ONLY option I found that will actually keep the rain out. Anything that is tied to the roll bar is going to run rain into your Jeep. Pretty common to have afternoon boomers here so the full top in Safari mode is awesome. Easy to drop completely and if we bring the windows we can be weather tight in minutes. I bought the base top with clear windows and used the $200 off coupon from Mopar, under $1700 OTD with taxes. So far worth the investment.

OP
OP
CO JL Rubi

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sucked it up and bought a complete soft top from the dealer. It is the ONLY option I found that will actually keep the rain out. Anything that is tied to the roll bar is going to run rain into your Jeep. Pretty common to have afternoon boomers here so the full top in Safari mode is awesome. Easy to drop completely and if we bring the windows we can be weather tight in minutes. I bought the base top with clear windows and used the $200 off coupon from Mopar, under $1700 OTD with taxes. So far worth the investment.
Yeah, that's probably what I will end up doing. Was trying to save some $$$.

But the new soft tops look cool, and the safari mode looks like it solves all the problems...

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

But the new soft tops look cool, and the safari mode looks like it solves all the problems...
I have to agree with what was posted...a factory soft top is great. Leaps and bounds ahead of previous generations. I can have my windows off and on in minutes, the sunrider/safari top folds back and I use it all the time. Quieter than the hard top on my YJ, it's really impressed me.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent

I hear you on the saving some $$$. I ponied up for a lift to remove and store the hardtop, bought a soft top window storage bag and a cover for the soft top when it is down or stored for winter.

This Jeep thing is the gift that keeps digging deeper into my wallet...LOL

The full soft top though is worth it. Allows us to fully utilize the Jeeps best feature, the top down one. The freedom panels were not going to cut it, the sunrider on the hard top was a consideration but after a highway trip to town in Safari mode I am 100% sold on the soft top.

Good Luck
Sponsored