Sponsored

2 Door with 2.5 inch lift - Are adjustable rear control arms needed?

tengg2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi all,

We're working on lifting our 2-door JLR with the Rock Krawler 2.5" kit (no rear control arms).

I understand the two door has shorter body comparing to 4-door, and 2.5" would create more change on pinion angle than a 4 door. So will this a concern for a 2.5" lift (actually around 3") on a 2 door without adjustable rear control arms to correct the pinion angle?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
No replies?

Sounds like you would prefer to skip the expense. There are plenty of Mopar lifts running around out there without them. Don't hear about any vibrations added by the minor lift.

IMO - Get them when you can (more so because the control arms that come from the factory are really thin), but after you get track bars. 🤷‍♂️

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Hi all,

We're working on lifting our 2-door JLR with the Rock Krawler 2.5" kit (no rear control arms).

I understand the two door has shorter body comparing to 4-door, and 2.5" would create more change on pinion angle than a 4 door. So will this a concern for a 2.5" lift (actually around 3") on a 2 door without adjustable rear control arms to correct the pinion angle?

Thanks.
No issues running stock rear control arms on the RK 2.5 for ~30k miles for me on my 2 door JLR on the stock driveshaft. I recently got a full set of Metalcloak control arms and swapped them in, but I wouldn't say it's an urgent thing or an issue with the 2 door.
Sponsored