First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Been on motorcycles since I was 5. Probably 1,000,000 miles in my helmet all by myself. Brief discussions every 150 miles at various gas or food stops along the way.
February 20th 2018 on a plain old regular Tuesday morning I was nearly killed in my first MC accident in those 51 years. After having a jeep as a kid, I almost bought another new jeep in 2016, instead I bought the motorcycle that I would nearly meet my maker on 2 yrs later.
5 ribs with a total of 14 breaks in them, each of which had pieces that needed to be surgically removed from my lung and have plates on them to recover.
Two weeks of ICU and recovering at home I ordered my 2018 JLU Rubicon.
38,000 later I have honestly had more fun with at least one maybe two passengers in the desert or mountains for two to three weeks at a time than I ever had inside my helmet.
4 drs for me just for the simple reason of enjoying this with my wife or friends along with our gear.
I thank God every time I get in the Jeep for the opportunity to be here!
Interesting story. Recently, after exactly 50 years of riding, I hung up my helmet as well. My last bike was a Ducati Monster 1200 - not a forgiving mount for an older guy. I had never fallen off (except on dirtbikes) and I figured that fate might catch up to me and my bones wouldn't heal like a teenager's.

Best of luck with your Jeep.
Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Interesting story. Recently, after exactly 50 years of riding, I hung up my helmet as well. My last bike was a Ducati Monster 1200 - not a forgiving mount for an older guy. I had never fallen off (except on dirtbikes) and I figured that fate might catch up to me and my bones wouldn't heal like a teenager's.

Best of luck with your Jeep.
That's my story indeed and I'm sticking to it! One of my reminders

Screenshot_20200309-101137_Photos.jpg

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm also a 2-door guy. It would be interesting how many of us have immediately removed the back seat. Mine always sit, wrapped in plastic, on the garage shelf - fresh, and with zero miles.

I'll be ordering a 4-door this Summer, but only because the diesel engine requires it.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I'm at a loss for words with this, lol.
we need a picture thread of more people posing like this. Start with that lady in the other picture, followed by this and then more. Let’s make this a viral trend. See what spreads faster... the corona virus or this trend? :CWL:

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came out day one but went back and forth several times over the next 9 months. I think only one person ever rode back there, but I'd put it back in because it was just sitting in my house and it turned into my cat's favorite seat. It is now in a bag, stored in my garage, and the diaboloical slipstream is in. I don't see myself going back.
Any chance you can take a pic showing how much space the 2 door slipstream leaves behind the seats? Like how far forward does the enclosure go? Guessing it stops at the start of the footwell?

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And you could put the Land Frigate into the bed of this bad boy!

8.1.jpg
Do you think that he's running those big tires on a stock tailgate?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...Four door screams family man ... no attachments, and likes adventures... dog... he can ride .... and lean out. I did this ...never had so many women... coming...sooner or later... reel them in... with kids.
:CWL:

Weird as it may sound, no factory half doors factored into my decision against the 2dr otherwise. Plus, I’ve already had two 2dr Wranglers. Everyone needs to get at least one 2dr. :like:

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'll try to remember tonight. But I can tell you that you're incorrect. The slipstream is the same size if you buy a 2 door or a 4 door version. The 2 door has more area with the rearseat removed than the 4 door has when the seats are in place. So you end up with a good sized space from the back of your front seats to the front wall of the slipstream. If you look at the back of your 2 door with the rear seat removed, you have the hooks on the floor that the front part of the seat hooks to, the wall starts right there. It's quite the nice usable size. I have my seats all the way back and I can easily toss a laptop bag and such there, but I don't have any actual useful measurements for you off hand.
Oh ok that's not too bad, I've been trying to guesstimate based on the pictures on their website but the angles they show it almost looks like it would fit with the seat tumbled lol

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Ok, here's my 2 cents worth based mostly on proportional aesthetics. The 2-dr JL appears too stubby to me, while the JT (sorry, but for purposes of my tale I needed to include the Gladiator as well) appears too long relative to its width. The 4-dr JL, just like Mama Bear, appears just right!

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Ok, here's my 2 cents worth based mostly on proportional aesthetics. The 2-dr JL appears too stubby to me, while the JT (sorry, but for purposes of my tale I needed to include the Gladiator as well) appears too long relative to its width. The 4-dr JL, just like Mama Bear, appears just right!
Wheelbase vs. Model.png

double0762

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JL Willy's
Occupation
Canyon Independent School District
Vehicle Showcase
Other than the obvious more room with the 4 door, what are some pros and cons of 2 door vs 4 door?

I'm thinking about getting a 2 door Willys.

Thanks
Purchased a 2020 Willy's JL in February.3.6 and six speed. My wife has a 2018 JLU. I enjoy the 2dr much better. Had 4 2drs ranging from CJ2,3s 5s. No kids now so for me 2drs will always be my go to. Look and feel is so different from 4drs. It's a unique ride and feel you'll always appreciate.

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Purchased a 2020 Willy's JL in February.3.6 and six speed. My wife has a 2018 JLU. I enjoy the 2dr much better. Had 4 2drs ranging from CJ2,3s 5s. No kids now so for me 2drs will always be my go to. Look and feel is so different from 4drs. It's a unique ride and feel you'll always appreciate.
I had a 2 door for 12 years absolutely loved the way it drove on and off road. But it's just myself and my husband. In April when it started having serious issues, we traded it for a 4 door JLU and I'm trying to get used to the differences, mainly the size, and all the electronics. My 2 door was stock no frill with the exception of bumpers, lift and tires.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
My wife and I are empty-nesting. The 2-door with the rear seat pulled out works for us. It has the classic Jeep design, gets better gas mileage (it's lighter than a JLU), and has a phenomenal turning radius.

I also get jealous stares from (some of) my friends with JLUs. :)
Sponsored