KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just completed a search for a 2 door, looking at JL's both used and new. I didn't keep numbers but looked at dozens of dealer inventories and I guess 8 or 9 out of 10 wranglers (new and used) on lots are 4-doors. In some cases dealers might have 10-12 vehicle all 4 doors. I was also looking for a soft top, which further reduced my selection to the point I ended up ordering new (oh well, I'll suffer w- a new Wrangler;)). I sold my last Wrangler in 2014 but since returning to the "club" my impression is 2 doors are much rarer than before, AND that Hard Tops are MUCH more common than 10 years ago. I attribute both to efforts to make wranglers more "civil", attracting a new group of buyers who want a family SUV as noted above. I appreciate many of the updates so not a complaint at all just an observation.
Add a manual transmission to this configuration (2 door soft top) and you definitely have a rare wrangler
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Add a manual transmission to this configuration (2 door soft top) and you definitely have a rare wrangler
My dealer seemed very surprised I wanted a no option 2 door Rubicon and insisted on a manual. They thought I would be a lot older when I flown in. So I guess the demographic typically buying two door manuals are older men trying to live up their youth... I would have been more thrilled if I could get it without power windows and half doors for a discount. I just wanted that traditional Jeep.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer seemed very surprised I wanted a no option 2 door Rubicon and insisted on a manual. They thought I would be a lot older when I flown in. So I guess the demographic typically buying two door manuals are older men trying to live up their youth... I would have been more thrilled if I could get it without power windows and half doors for a discount. I just wanted that traditional Jeep.
Agreed on the manual windows!! I really wish my JLR had manual locks and windows but that wasn’t an option when ordering :swear:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I dont know why people like how the schools bus look like. I mean, just look at this:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door vs. 4 door sales IMG_20210411_143421029

wouldnt you want to make this work for your family? I do. I get so many compliments, even when it was bone stock. The 2 door looks so good with the top off. The 4 door looks a little strange, too many doors. Also I get plenty of looks from girls when riding solo, they think I am single and living that fantasy for a few seconds feels good.

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I dont know why people like how the schools bus look like. I mean, just look at this:

IMG_20210411_143421029.jpg

wouldnt you want to make this work for your family? I do. I get so many compliments, even when it was bone stock. The 2 door looks so good with the top off. The 4 door looks a little strange, too many doors. Also I get plenty of looks from girls when riding solo, they think I am single and living that fantasy for a few seconds feels good.
Nice looking Jeep! Here’s mine when it was like a month old (stock). Agree nothing looks better with the top and doors off than a 2dr.

F39B75C5-1A2D-451C-AF14-6B0B66B106F9.jpeg
6C48D247-8A53-4EC9-B117-D37FD57605B7.jpeg
BFDE5D83-40F7-4327-B97C-C32A737AF79F.jpeg

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 2013 2-door (Sahara, manual), and loved it. Had both tops, hard tops for Ohio winters and soft top for everything else. I didn't like the 4-door so much, but the more I saw them, they grew on me. I eventually traded in for a 2017 4-door (Rubicon Hard Rock, auto because I was tired of having to pull my foot back in to shift). It made sense for me because it was my dd, and I have to haul people sometimes. I also haul things now and then and the 4-door has more space for that. When I see 2-doors now, they seem out of proportion to me with a hardtop on. I do agree they look good naked. I'd actually love to have one of each, but my wife would kill me.
To have one of each is the dream. I switched from a 4 door JK to a 2 JLR because I think the JLU look too long. The other day I saw a stock one in a photo it looked like it was stretched out... maybe because it was stock and 4 doors need to lifted a little to look right (proportionally). It's like when I see a 4 door Porsche... it just a stretched 2 door... most trucks look really bad with those huge 2nd row doors... but stretching vehicles is the new world order... there is almost no choice anymore... they stretched the Mustang and the Mini Cooper, what's next a 4 door Corvette... LMAO 🤣 just saying some vehicles look better with 2 doors. Although the Toyota FJ looks sporty with that half door... IMHO most trucks look better as half door super cabs not quad cabs...

Anywho... my wife likes 4 door SUVs so we have both 😉 CHEERS!!!

Last edited:

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
To have one of each is the dream. I switched from a 4 door JK to a 2 JLR because I think the JLU look too long. The other day I saw a stock one in a photo it looked like it was stretched out... maybe because it was stock and 4 doors need to lifted a little to look right (proportionally). It's like when I see a 4 door Porsche... it just a stretched 2 door... most trucks look really bad with those huge 2nd row doors... but stretching vehicles is the new world order... there is almost no choice anymore... they stretched the Mustang and the mini Cooper, what next a 4 door corvette...

Anywho... my wife likes 4 doors so we have both 😉 CHEERS!!!
Lucky devil. I can't get my wife to buy into the Jeep world, though my new 4xe gave her pause and she's mentioned driving it sometimes when she goes back to working in the office instead of remote someday. Maybe she'll get sucked in and I'll have to give up the 4xe for her and get myself a 2-door Rubi manual. :giggle:

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The 2 door looks so good with the top off. The 4 door looks a little strange, too many doors. Also I get plenty of looks from girls when riding solo, they think I am single and living that fantasy for a few seconds feels good.
Every time I see a 4 door with the top and doors off It makes the driver look so small I can’t help but think it looks like somebody put the wrong scale GI Joe action figure in a too large Jeep model.

Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I just took delivery of my 2 dr JL 80th on Monday. The salesman told me that at his dealership the 4 dr outsells the 2 dr almost 3 to 1.
Spotting a 2 door JL around my parts is like spotting bigfoot. Always a pleasant surprise to see a 2 door JL in the wild.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Spotting a 2 door JL around my parts is like spotting bigfoot.
Always a pleasant surprise to see a 2 door JL in the wild.
10 Jeeps live in my suburb. I discovered a 10th one out walking the other day.
1 x Gladiator
2 x 4 Door JK
6 x 2 Door JK
1 x 2 Door JL - Mine!

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
With so many Jeep conversions out there for the 4 doors... I would love to know if anyone is doing an extended cargo conversion for the 2 door JL Wrangler. The extra overhang at the back I could manage with a proper lift & tires. If someone could photoshop this 4 door JXL to a 2 door. I really like the style of this Safari LJ!! There should be more options for 2 door instead of making the 4 door even longer like a Gladiator. PS: A 2 door gladiator would also be the coolest! :)

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door vs. 4 door sales Amercian Safari JXL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door vs. 4 door sales LJ Safari

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
With so many Jeep conversions out there for the 4 doors... I would love to know if anyone is doing an extended cargo conversion for the 2 door JL Wrangler. The extra overhang at the back I could manage with a proper lift & tires. If someone could photoshop this 4 door JXL to a 2 door. I really like the style of this Safari JL!! There should be more options for 2 door instead of making the 4 door even longer like a Gladiator. PS: A 2 door gladiator would also be the coolest! :)

I think that extra overhang on a 2 Dr would be doable ; wheelbase, fuel fill stay the same, a frame extension, wiring harness extensions and exhaust extension would be simple. Adding that extra inside storage so worth it.
When mine is paid off, I can see doing this. A Roadster Pickup style soft top, a longer Tonneau, and a Scrambler is born

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
With so many Jeep conversions out there for the 4 doors... I would love to know if anyone is doing an extended cargo conversion for the 2 door JL Wrangler. The extra overhang at the back I could manage with a proper lift & tires. If someone could photoshop this 4 door JXL to a 2 door. I really like the style of this Safari LJ!! There should be more options for 2 door instead of making the 4 door even longer like a Gladiator. PS: A 2 door gladiator would also be the coolest! :)

Sorry, can't help with the photoshop request but agree that Jeep needs to produce the J6 2 door Gladiator. I have a Chevy S10 ZR 2 door regular cab with the 6 foot (short) bed and it is a very nimble capable little off-road pickup for a 27 year old vehicle. It came from the factory with a 3" lift and tracks 4" wider than the standard S10 (it's the original wide stance). It came out of the factory with massive, for the time, 31"x10.5" BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO tires. It has a 108" wheelbase and total 189" in length and 68" wide. It weighs 3450 lbs and is powered by GM's Enhanced Vortec V6 engine that puts out 195 HP and 260 lb-ft of torque. It also came with heavy gauge aluminum skid plates and axle components from GM's 1/2 ton pickups. It is a great little truck that follows my JKUR anywhere offroad. Fuel mileage on the highway has been as high as 24 mpg but is typically around 20 to 22 mpg. Average daily driving mileage ranges from 16 to 18 mpg. These fuel mileage numbers are much better than my JKU's mileage besting out at 18 mpg with the 2 1/2" lift and 34" BFG Mud Terrains but it is heavy at 5000 lbs unloaded and has zero aerodynamics. The only tech feature I miss when driving the ZR2 is a compass and the outdoor temperature gauge. I despise having to search for basic function buttons on the screen of my Grand Cherokee when they could be simple tactile buttons and knobs than can easily be used without having to take your eye off of the trail such as in the ZR2 or my JKU. I get numerous offers from strangers to buy my ZR2 and have never had an unsolicited offer for any other vehicle I have owned. This is partly because of the condition it is in but also because many folks who have owned S10 ZR2's in the mid to late 90's and early 2000's remember how much fun they experienced with such a cool and very capable straight from the factory off-road pickup truck. I see the J6 as being today's exact replacement for the for the S10 ZR2 from the 90's. People would flock to the dealerships to buy such a cool, capable, and nimble off-road pickup. So, if you are like me and would like to own a 2 door Jeep Gladiator, share the attached flyer with all of the world as I know several people that work at Jeep dealerships that have never seen the J6 concept vehicle but after learning about it all say Jeep needs to produce it.

20211202_085716.jpg

2021 Jeep J6 Flyer.jpg
Sponsored