Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Lets see how the 2 door bronco does. It is much more practical having higher payload capacity and towing. It has a decent amount of cargo and a slightly longer wheelbase. You can get it with 35s from the factory.

Maybe the next wrangler 2 door will be a bit more practical.
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Lets see how the 2 door bronco does. It is much more practical having higher payload capacity and towing. It has a decent amount of cargo and a slightly longer wheelbase. You can get it with 35s from the factory.

Good luck getting those tires out of the fenders....

OP
OP
LarryB

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr

Consumers always benefit from more competition ...

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I live in Sydney. N.S.W.. I count Jeeps. I use a hand counter and count how many I see on any one day.

I do not split the count between 2 door and 4 door but I get the feeling it is about 50-50.

PS:
Driving around the suburbs on a week day, I typically see 8 - 15 per day. On weekends I see more as I suspect some treat their Jeeps as a fun weekend car. If I made a point of touring all the beach suburbs on a sunny day the count would be higher again. Many people drive to the beaches with the top down!

The most I ever saw on any one day was 26. It was a Saturday and we went to a place about 120k west of Sydney and back again so we were nowhere near any beach that day.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Here in the Chicagoland area 2-doors are a rarity. Our Sport S was the only non-Rubicon our dealer had for a couple months. IMHO the 2-door Jeep Wrangler is for people who want a real "Jeep" and the 4-door Jeep Wrangler is for people who want an SUV, but want to be able to say they own a Jeep.

Back in the day (1970's & 1980's) when I first got into 4-wheeling, they probably sold as many Jeep CJ's as they sell 2-door Jeep Wranglers now. There aren't now, nor were there then, that many people who wanted a real Jeep (and are willing to put up with the compromises). I think FCA made a profitable decision when they came out with the 4-door, because a lot more people want an SUV, and want the Jeep cache, so they created a hit. But for me, the 4-door will never be a real "Jeep".

Best,
-Tim

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It seems that the less friendly a specific area is towards off roading, the less common the 2 doors become. Here on long Island, in the great state of everything but paying taxes being illegal, I never once saw a 2 door at any of my local dealers.

As far as 2 doors coming to an end, I can't see that happening anytime soon. Too much investment in holding true to tradition. Hell, 80 years gone by and they still incorporate a folding windshield. Most that I've seen do that, has been more for the sake of knocking it off the bucket list, rather than the norm.

If the company's wanting to streamline costs, there's definitely a lot of lower hanging fruit to grab without rattling cages.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i always laugh at the people saying a 4 door isn't a real jeep. kind of like saying if your not long hair leather wearing old and fat your not a real biker.
I love 2 doors, the majority of vehicles i have owned have been 2 doors. When i decided to make the jump from my GTO to my Wrangler a couple things influenced my decision. A friend had a 2 door wrangler, and later a 4 door, he said the 4 door hands down rode a LOT better, plus the added room. Also, at the time we had my grandson a lot, and took him on vacation with us, which is what the jeep was going to be used for ( a weekend toy / beach / vacation vehicle). However that all changed, and honestly i don't regret having a 4 door nor do i feel its any less of a jeep then a 2 door is. I think it all comes down to a persons intended use, and family situation. I do think the 2 door looks "cooler" though.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I live in an area where offroading is kind of baked into everyone's blood. We have quads that just go up and down the residential streets and the police don't pull them over lol Lots of mountains and mudding and like half a dozen offroad parks within a hour's drive in most directions.

We have a ton of 2-door jeeps around here, JL included. My local dealer always has 2 doors on the lot.

In terms of the future, I can see 2-doors becoming a factory-order-only kind of thing, but never completely going away.

Sponsored

Blue 179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport wrangler 2 door
Here in the Chicagoland area 2-doors are a rarity. Our Sport S was the only non-Rubicon our dealer had for a couple months. IMHO the 2-door Jeep Wrangler is for people who want a real "Jeep" and the 4-door Jeep Wrangler is for people who want an SUV, but want to be able to say they own a Jeep.

Back in the day (1970's & 1980's) when I first got into 4-wheeling, they probably sold as many Jeep CJ's as they sell 2-door Jeep Wranglers now. There aren't now, nor were there then, that many people who wanted a real Jeep (and are willing to put up with the compromises). I think FCA made a profitable decision when they came out with the 4-door, because a lot more people want an SUV, and want the Jeep cache, so they created a hit. But for me, the 4-door will never be a real "Jeep".

Best,
-Tim
Im also in the Chicagoland area. I was specifically looking for a 2 door with a soft top. Very little inventory. I lucked out and the dealer happened to have one that was special ordered and the buyer backed out. I drive by myself 99% of the time and I have plenty of storage with the rear seats folded for grocery shopping for my family of three. 2 door is perfect for me and I’m not one who is into wheeling, only camping 2-3 times a year. Mine is mostly used for my highway commute. I just love Jeeps and enjoy owning one.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
i always laugh at the people saying a 4 door isn't a real jeep. kind of like saying if your not long hair leather wearing old and fat your not a real biker.
I can't even laugh anymore. I just shake my head in disappointment. The constant need to insert dividing lines that bear no significance, causes nothing but damage with nothing to gain by those who invent them.

Just an analogy, not aimed specifically to you Chris. Imagine some scumbag breaking into your Jeep, while you're on the computer having to defend your choice of how many doors you have. If not for that dividing line, you would've been more alert to what really matters, and could've dealt with the real enemy.

Now, we don't need to imagine that on a bigger scale, because its happening all around us all the time. We just need to stop distracting ourselves, so we can stop having to hear and read about the negative repercussions after the fact.

Is it just me, people?

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
I buy Jeeps for fun and had my first in 1977 - CJ7..
Have never once considered buying a 4 door.
We already own one SUV and don't need another.

However, if I were limited to only 2 vehicles in our household one might be a JLU.