2-door Sport S Black Front Left Quarter Top Down

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
When the CarGurus guy says, "All three tops have removable rear quarter windows," that's not true, is it? The quarter windows don't remove for the hard top, from everything I've read here.

Sponsored

MotoOverland

First Name
Moto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Golf TDI
Images from Car Guru who are one of the first, if not the first, to solely review a Sport S
The presenter states @1:50 that all three tops allow your to remove the rear-quarter window. Not sure that is correct. The Freedom Top was /is a 3-piece configuration. Has that changed to a 5-piece Freedom Top?

MotoOverland

First Name
Moto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Golf TDI
When the CarGurus guy says, "All three tops have removable rear quarter windows," that's not true, is it? The quarter windows don't remove for the hard top, from everything I've read here.
Many minds think alike and post at the same time. ;) I think the presenter is wrong. At launch I think this roof topic was covered. I would pay more (don't tell jeep) for a 5-piece Freedom Top if it were offered.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
Many minds think alike and post at the same time. ;) I think the presenter is wrong. At launch I think this roof topic was covered. I would pay more (don't tell jeep) for a 5-piece Freedom Top if it were offered.
Exactly. He meant "they should remove from all three tops."

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
You are correct. He is incorrect. I heard that too. Clearly we know better thanks to this forum.

He also states the selec-trac is standard on the shara and command trac is optional which is backwards. A semi-good review at best. Nice to see a 2-door sport though.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
No idea... This Thread was just for the posting of the pictures and getting people's feedback on the black color of the two-door the video review is off topic

Sponsored

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Images from Car Guru who are one of the first, if not the first, to solely review a Sport S
Wouldn't call it a "review". He BARELY talked about how it handles, how it feels, how it accelerates, how it shifts, demonstrations, etc. He just drove around while listing off specifications/options that we have all heard & known for awhile.. for 4/5ths of the video. Great video for someone who knows absolutely nothing about the JL tho.

I would have liked opinions on the stereo, a demonstration playing around with the head unit, show how fast the windows go up and down.. just gimme something...

No idea... This Thread was just for the posting of the pictures and getting people's feedback on the black color of the two-door the video review is off topic
You'd be better off stating that in the title then, than whatever this title even means "Front Left Quarter Top Down"?? Better title would be: What do you think about the black JL? But then, there's already a thread for that: black-wrangler-jl-club

Actually not, see above link.
Umm, actually not. He claimed:
A) It still would have been true if you actually posted a review. B) You posted an image gallery.

Not quite feeling this in black...granite crystal does it better.
And finally, for the topic of the post... No, I am not feeling black either (yet). At least in stock form. May look better with steel bumpers and black wheels.

Last edited:

cbasil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ahh now that's what I'm talking about! :rock: So nice to finally see some more 2 door pics. Does anyone know if those weird euro looking extensions on the front bumper are removable?