First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
The Fox shocks are a little too soft for my liking. I enjoy more of a teeth rattling stiff suspension, like my TJ had years ago. No driveline issues, the only thing you have to do is rotate the pinion angle on the rear to make the spring perches to match up, and at full flex, this could cause some binding. I have not experienced any issues yet.
I also like Fox but find them too soft sometimes. I went with Falcon shocks on my JLUR and while it is stiff, it doesn’t rattle your teeth. (I’ve had some lifts like that before)
Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I also like Fox but find them too soft sometimes. I went with Falcon shocks on my JLUR and while it is stiff, it doesn’t rattle your teeth. (I’ve had some lifts like that before)
I find the Fox 2.0 shocks to be a little soft on the road at speed, but well controlled. They allow a little more movement, but it's an offroad rig, and still handles way better than it should.

But offroad at crawl speeds, or over rough gravel roads at higher speeds, they just work. Articulation just happens with no excessive side to side movement, and they ride great on rougher trails at higher speeds.

BUT, with the caveat that it's a 2 door. Not sure how they do on a 4 door, I suspect they'd be a bit under-damped.

I'm doing really well with the Mopar -230 fronts and 113/114 rear combo (springs out of the catalog). With the 255/80R17 tires, I've got about 1 3/8" of lift, maybe a little more. I'm probably going to swap on an aluminum front bumper with a light weight winch at some point. If I do that, we'll put the -231 and 114/115 spring combo on it, I expect about 1 3/4" of lift at that point.

With the longer shocks, and sway bar disconnects, articulation is a lot better than stock, and ride is good. Ground clearance under the engine/trans skid is sitting at just a tick under 11" right now.

OP
OP
MARSHMELLA

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Just an interesting fact I noticed on the Dynatrac website for their JL 2” Endurosport lift kit. Here’s what their website says about JL models fitting:

“This Dynatrac EnduroSport suspension lift kit has not been tested on, and is not recommended for use on 2-door Jeep Wranglers, or any models with powertrain other than the 3.6L V-6 gasoline engines. This package does not fit with Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 or 4xe models.”

🤷‍♂️

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Any pics of the rear wear?
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Specific Lift Details and Pictures 509DBA1A-E099-4963-B292-4A7AF4E3A5AC
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Specific Lift Details and Pictures 0EC4DCD6-710D-48D8-8E2E-955292566013

I only really see the shaft tapping the top of the rear while flexed, but I've been told it's probably good to replace these as well.

No vibrations yet, so I'm in no hurry.

If I remember, I'll stop and take a picture on a trail sometime.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Specific Lift Details and Pictures 0EC4DCD6-710D-48D8-8E2E-955292566013

I only really see the shaft tapping the top of the rear while flexed, but I've been told it's probably good to replace these as well.

No vibrations yet, so I'm in no hurry.

If I remember, I'll stop and take a picture on a trail sometime.
Thanks! Yeah, I agree - something I'd change out, but not gonna explode driving down the street. Probably something that would be good to keep in mind when setting bumpstop height during lift install.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
What size tires are you planning with their smaller lift?
Im trying to find the right lift for 35s on my JLW without being too tall.
I'm currently no lift running the Raptor spec Load C 315/70/17 KO2s. I really don't want much more than I have. Just enough to not have rubbing issues. I'm not planning on going any bigger than 35s. 2drs don't really need 37s in the way that 4drs do and I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of all the supporting mods you should do when making that leap to them or bigger.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Specific Lift Details and Pictures PXL_20220611_031535714

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I'm currently no lift running the Raptor spec Load C 315/70/17 KO2s. I really don't want much more than I have. Just enough to not have rubbing issues. I'm not planning on going any bigger than 35s. 2drs don't really need 37s in the way that 4drs do and I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of all the supporting mods you should do when making that leap to them or bigger.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door Specific Lift Details and Pictures PXL_20220611_031535714
Looks great! I don’t think there are any rubbing issues with that size tire on a 2 door Rubicon. If so, not enough to worry about.

OP
OP
MARSHMELLA

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

PXL_20220611_031535714.jpg
I know exactly what you’re saying. I went down a few rabbit holes with my JLUR before I finished with 39s. I learned my lesson and I’m sticking with 35s on the new 2 door.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I know exactly what you’re saying. I went down a few rabbit holes with my JLUR before I finished with 39s. I learned my lesson and I’m sticking with 35s on the new 2 door.
A 2 door on 35’s is great place to be. I love the look of 37’s with the right lift, but absolutely overkill for the majority of peeps who’s Jeeps are daily drivers and weekend warriors in my opinion.
I still have the internal battle of lift or stay stock suspension and add 315/70/17’s down the road.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
A 2 door on 35’s is great place to be. I love the look of 37’s with the right lift, but absolutely overkill for the majority of peeps who’s Jeeps are daily drivers and weekend warriors in my opinion.
I still have the internal battle of lift or stay stock suspension and add 315/70/17’s down the road.
I wanted to stay stock this time too.

giphy.gif

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

These damn threads make me wish I had just bought the damn rubicon so that I wouldn’t have the d30 front axle and 3.45 gears. And 35s would be more livable
I have 35's and 3.45 gears at the moment. With a pedal commander (HikeIt Throttle Controller for me), it is driveable.... But I am planning on some 4.88's this fall so I can find 5th and 6th gears again.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
These damn threads make me wish I had just bought the damn rubicon so that I wouldn’t have the d30 front axle and 3.45 gears. And 35s would be more livable
Funny thing is, you are already driving a vehicle that will go more places than most have the nerve to go. Nutty

But they cry out to be changed? Just gear. In the end, it’s really more about the journey.

Enjoy the journey my friend.
Sponsored