First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
My spring is still in place. The whole handle assembly is just not attached to the seat frame any longer. I am dropping it off at the dealer tonight to have them look at it. I will report back.
Yep same as mine. We're going on week 2 for the back order part.
Sponsored

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Yep same as mine. We're going on week 2 for the back order part.
So, good story here. I drop off my Jeep at the dealer this afternoon and all goes well. I explained the broken handle and tell him that it was flimsy from the beginning. I bring him out to my Jeep to show him and mention that so far I've not had any trouble with the driver's side, as we look at the driver's side and it snaps right off on the first pull. Now both are broken. Good news is the dealer already called me back and told me no problem to cover the repair of both. Bad news is he that said they are on backorder until January or February.

Jeepinjack66

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT
So, good story here. I drop off my Jeep at the dealer this afternoon and all goes well. I explained the broken handle and tell him that it was flimsy from the beginning. I bring him out to my Jeep to show him and mention that so far I've not had any trouble with the driver's side, as we look at the driver's side and it snaps right off on the first pull. Now both are broken. Good news is the dealer already called me back and told me no problem to cover the repair of both. Bad news is he that said they are on backorder until January or February.
Omg.. I should just pop the other side make them get two. This is ridiculous. Obviously back ordered due to the piece of shit design.

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Omg.. I should just pop the other side make them get two. This is ridiculous. Obviously back ordered due to the piece of shit design.
Clearly there is a problem here. Given how obviously weak it is, I have to think they will remedy it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Luckily my dog is the only regular resident of our back seat, and he just jumps over the console to get in & out :)

Sponsored

HavasuFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins
My 2 door JL Rubicon has 1450 miles on it 3 weeks old and my seat release just came apart as well.

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
One side handle should arrive to my dealer soon. No word yet on the other side. I will report back when I hear.

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
New update. I got a call from Jeep Cares yesterday and they said the second handle should be at my dealer in 3 to 5 business days. I have an appointment at my dealer to install both next Thursday. I will report back.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I could tell right away this lever was going to be suspect. It takes a good deal of force to release the seat and it's a cheap plastic part. I'm counting the days until mine gives up as it gets regular use when I have the family with me. The front seat release was busted on the Fiat 500 I traded in on the Jeep too. More evidence that FCA hates 2dr vehicles.

metallicpea

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Both installed yesterday. They seem the same design wise, but time will tell. If I have problems again I will report back. Still have 2.5 years on my warranty, so hopefully something will be improved by then, otherwise I will have to design my own improvement as these seem to be ridiculously week. Not only where it attaches to the seat frame, but also the moving handle part of the latch.

Sponsored

Aintsfan25

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Auto assembly
Gonna jump on this thread and say at about 1000 miles and using my release handle about 5 times the plastic part where it is attached to the seat with screws has completely snapped in half. Off to the dealership.

Jdsmoke

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
Gonna jump on this thread and say at about 1000 miles and using my release handle about 5 times the plastic part where it is attached to the seat with screws has completely snapped in half. Off to the dealership.
i had the same issue. Had the dealer repair, now it makes a grinding sound when I move the seat.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I solved that problem first day - took rear seat out and put in storage. 2 door isn't meant to have a rear seat, that's why you also need a JLU.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
In every wrangler I've owned ...have never had this issue! don't want to jinx myself because it hasn't happened yet! but why is this an issue after this redesign? they spent so much money and effort to change things that worked fine for years. I'm not saying I don't love most of what they've done but screwing around with the passenger seat rolling forward was a no brainer...why change what works? The worst part is it seems like it does not even come forward as much as the previous years did...so they essentially mad it a lot worse. Add insult to injury by designing and sourcing cheapo parts that they should hang their heads in shame about allowing to go into production with!!!

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Since this old thread is getting new attention, here’s my OP update: my Marine Tex fix for the spring popping still works great. Starting my 3rd season, 33k miles. I have three teenagers and one or two of them climb in and out of the back pretty regularly. Well, until the pandemic, anyway.

The handle breaking in half is a different and much worse issue. For that one I’d be inclined to ask for the parts and do the repair myself. A dealership isn’t going to put his best tech on a seat repair, if you get what I’m implying... either that or be prepared to refuse delivery if it doesn’t come back like new. And be on the lookout for gouged/scratched interior parts, your sound bar notwithstanding! (I had a GM dealer screw up my ceiling liner doing a dash repair. Who knows how?!)

@nerubi - No. Just no. I’ll sell the kids before settling for a bus. (Wife drives a Yukon XL. The Jeep is for fun!) Oldest is off to college in the fall, pandemic permitting, and the others are hot on his heels. I’ll get to remove my back seat in due time! :clap:
Sponsored