Sponsored

2-Door Rubicon taller than my JLUR??

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I stopped by my dealer lot and saw this 2-Door Sting-Gray Rubicon and pulled up next to it, seems it sits a little higher than mine?? Anyone else notice this with theirs?? Both vehicles were parked on a small incline, tried both sides. I wish both would have been on flat ground. Not sure if it is just the angle??

Sting-Gray 4 and 2 door 2.png

Sting-Gray 4 and 2 door 3.png

Sting-Gray 4 and 2 door.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Megsxr750

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
All stock from what I could tell, red rubicon shocks, no fox shocks. Same tires.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Yours has probably settled a bit as well as 4 doors carry more weight. Also, new ones only have 4 - 5 gallons in the tank or less.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I stopped by my dealer lot and saw this 2-Door Sting-Gray Rubicon and pulled up next to it, seems it sits a little higher than mine?? Anyone else notice this with theirs?? Both vehicles were parked on a small incline, tried both sides. I wish both would have been on flat ground. Not sure if it is just the angle??

Seek help. Sounds like you have some sort of complex.;)

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Steel bumper and stinger.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
It's not like a lift is universally better; on-road you get more fuel consumption and worse handling, and off-road you are more prone to rollover. On most of the hillside trails around me, you'd rather have a lower center of gravity than better approach/departure angles.

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Military

I have the same issue! I have a 2-door JLU Sport S and the 2" Mopar lift was installed by the dealer. I was at my local 4WP shop and they had a customer who had the same model as mine who got the same 2" lift. His set higher than mine and the only thing I could think of why is he had a set of Goodyear 35/12.50R17 MT and I have a set of Pro-comp AT Sport 315/70R16. Not I know mostly these tires are same size but what do you guys think? I uploaded some pictures as well.

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Military
I have the same issue! I have a 2-door JLU Sport S and the 2" Mopar lift was installed by the dealer. I was at my local 4WP shop and they had a customer who had the same model as mine who got the same 2" lift. His set higher than mine and the only thing I could think of why is he had a set of Goodyear 35/12.50R17 MT and I have a set of Pro-comp AT Sport 315/70R16. Not I know mostly these tires are same size but what do you guys think? I uploaded some pictures as well.

I would not let upload pictures!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
ā€˜Cause, two doors are betterer.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
That 2 dr sits nicely. I doubt the different bumpers account for the added height. More than likely, different springs. Only one way to see, crawl under and look at the tag on them.
Sponsored