2-Door Rubicon taller than my JLUR??

Megsxr750

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I stopped by my dealer lot and saw this 2-Door Sting-Gray Rubicon and pulled up next to it, seems it sits a little higher than mine?? Anyone else notice this with theirs?? Both vehicles were parked on a small incline, tried both sides. I wish both would have been on flat ground. Not sure if it is just the angle??

Sting-Gray 4 and 2 door 2.png

Sting-Gray 4 and 2 door 3.png

Sting-Gray 4 and 2 door.png
Advertisement

OP
OP
Megsxr750

Megsxr750

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
All stock from what I could tell, red rubicon shocks, no fox shocks. Same tires.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Yours has probably settled a bit as well as 4 doors carry more weight. Also, new ones only have 4 - 5 gallons in the tank or less.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I stopped by my dealer lot and saw this 2-Door Sting-Gray Rubicon and pulled up next to it, seems it sits a little higher than mine?? Anyone else notice this with theirs?? Both vehicles were parked on a small incline, tried both sides. I wish both would have been on flat ground. Not sure if it is just the angle??

Seek help. Sounds like you have some sort of complex.;)

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Steel bumper and stinger.

The_Phew

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
It's not like a lift is universally better; on-road you get more fuel consumption and worse handling, and off-road you are more prone to rollover. On most of the hillside trails around me, you'd rather have a lower center of gravity than better approach/departure angles.

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Military

I have the same issue! I have a 2-door JLU Sport S and the 2" Mopar lift was installed by the dealer. I was at my local 4WP shop and they had a customer who had the same model as mine who got the same 2" lift. His set higher than mine and the only thing I could think of why is he had a set of Goodyear 35/12.50R17 MT and I have a set of Pro-comp AT Sport 315/70R16. Not I know mostly these tires are same size but what do you guys think? I uploaded some pictures as well.

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Military
I have the same issue! I have a 2-door JLU Sport S and the 2" Mopar lift was installed by the dealer. I was at my local 4WP shop and they had a customer who had the same model as mine who got the same 2" lift. His set higher than mine and the only thing I could think of why is he had a set of Goodyear 35/12.50R17 MT and I have a set of Pro-comp AT Sport 315/70R16. Not I know mostly these tires are same size but what do you guys think? I uploaded some pictures as well.

I would not let upload pictures!

UKCATS

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
‘Cause, two doors are betterer.

DaltonGang

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
That 2 dr sits nicely. I doubt the different bumpers account for the added height. More than likely, different springs. Only one way to see, crawl under and look at the tag on them.

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement