2-Door Rubi Build...A Bikini In AZ

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Thought I would start a build thread to keep all mods in one place. As many of us have done, after placing the order for my Jeep, I began to accumulate lots of aftermarket goodies! Finally took delivery the evening of Friday January 17th and next morning upgraded to 315/70R17 BFG KO2's on stock rims-love the look of the Rubi wheels! First upgrade complete and could not be happier with my tire selection!

Second on my list was upgraded rock rails / steps...Looked at all the major players but in the end I decided to go with the Mopar Performance Rock Rails w/'step assist'. A lot of what dove this decision was my desire to maintain maximum ground clearance and my insistence on OEM fit and finish...Very happy with them!

Next (while trying to find time install my lift) I decided to have weld-on Artec front lower control arm skids installed (my welding skills are, shall we say 'suspect') *Do NOT have these installed until AFTER you have completed your lift and are satisfied with both alignment and ride height. You likely will not be able to remove the factory lower control arms let alone install aftermarket LCA's. I talked with Artec (great guys) and came up with a plan to thin-cut the skids down the middle so the factory control arm bracket can spread as normal after removing the LCA bolts. Then, AFTER I am happy with the alignment (I am using a full set of adjustable arms) I will have the skids welded back together. This was discovered last weekend as I was installing my Mopar/Teraflex lift...This weekend I will cut the LCA skids as instructed and finish the lift install.

Today, I did something I thought I would likely never do...order wheel spacers. However, I think I will be happy with this decision as I really want to keep the stock Rubi wheels. Last weekend I measured both the length of the wheel studs and the depth of the recessed pockets of the stock Rubi wheels. I contacted BORA and ordered a set of 1 1/4 inch hub centric and wheel centric spacers, these are 100% American made, pressed in studs from the rear and powdered coated black. Not cheap, but at just one and a quarter inch thick, both hub and wheel centric, should do exactly what I want.

Tomorrow: Finish lift install. (Cutting weld-on front LCA skids and installing front LCA's are all that is left)
Sponsored

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
At long last I have finished lift on my 2020 JLR and pretty happy with results-damm well should be for the amount of work, re-work, re-engineering and amount of money thrown at this project...Mopar 2 inch lift (Mopar instructions are wrong on the 2-door as they have the front left and right springs switched side to side, re-work) along with all eight (front and rear) Teraflex IR control arms, Teraflex IR front trackbar (frame side end rounded to fit with Synergy brace lower mounting bolt) Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket, Rancho adjustable rear track bar, Rancho parking brake cable relocation bracket, Steer Smarts drag link, Steer Smarts Rubicon length tie rod and top mount Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer with Synergy relocation trackbar stud mount and Synergy sector shaft/trackbar brace.

I netted 2.5 inches of lift in the front and just over 2 inches in the rear-should be perfect after I mount the Warn front bumper and Warn winch. Running BFG KO2's (315/70R17) on stock Rubi rims with special ordered Borla 1.25 inch spacers with tire pressure set to 31 PSI cold. On highway runs smooth and tracks straight at speeds 75mph+ (We have many highways here with 75mph speed limits) and on rough roads she soaks up potholes easily. I am running factory toe-in settings now but in a few hundred miles (want to get used to things as they are now) I plan to try Steer Smarts recommended toe-out settings and see what I think....

If only Jeep offered a factory option package with a two inch lift, wider wheels and 35's...