3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Hi guys

Any 2 doors running any sort of Roof Rack right now? I cant seem to find anything, except maybe the Mopar rails, which I also cant quite tell if they will work on the 2 door. Also people seem to complain about whistling.

There are other brands like http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/roof/roof-racks/vortex/vortex-sg-black-2-bar-roof-rack_sg59, but none of them say they fit the 2 door.

Is this because the rails cant be fitted to the removable part of the roof, making the roof too small?
Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
OP
OP
3uPh0riK

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The vortex bars work just the same as the Mopar ones. They might be quieter, I'm not sure. Except for those two, I haven't seen any options for a 2 door rack. You're right about the roof being smaller, so manufacturers put most of their efforts into 4 door racks. Hopefully time will see more options for us lowly 2 door owners.

Sponsored

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Gobi racks posted on Facebook that they are taking in orders for their 2 door rack version. Give them a call and should take about 3-4 months depending on how much work they have.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
i am also looking for a good roof rack and tent combo. anyone find one for a 2 door or have one they installed and love, please post links and pictures

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
i am also looking for a good roof rack and tent combo. anyone find one for a 2 door or have one they installed and love, please post links and pictures
You'll have to wait for the aftermarket to roll out racks with external or internal framing. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

lucyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S 2Door & 1993 Jeep XJ
I have Thule Wingbars Evo with 300R gutters. They're pretty clean but they do have a loud wind base sound with Thule snowboard racks with no snowboards going over 70mph. No issues with snowboards and Tepui RTT.

IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG

Sponsored

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (2018), Honda Pilot Touring (2010), Ford C-Max SEL (2013)
Hello,

Has anyone used this company's roof rack to carry a RTT?

https://www.smsparts.com/shop

I am not able to really find any information on how much weight the OEM hard top for a 2-Door 2018 Wrangler.

Thank you.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

Has anyone used this company's roof rack to carry a RTT?

https://www.smsparts.com/shop

I am not able to really find any information on how much weight the OEM hard top for a 2-Door 2018 Wrangler.

Thank you.
The Mopar bars are rated for 150 lbs. evenly distributed weight.

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Corey. smsparts.com is currently getting ready to release their roof racks for the JL. Their design have multiple points to distribute weight over the hardtop, so I'm waiting on their test reports (due this week or early next week) to see what the data looks like.

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Thule Wingbars Evo with 300R gutters. They're pretty clean but they do have a loud wind base sound with Thule snowboard racks with no snowboards going over 70mph. No issues with snowboards and Tepui RTT.

IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
What is the combined weight and rack on the Tepui RTT? Also, what is the most weight you've put in the tent when using it?

Thank you.

lucyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S 2Door & 1993 Jeep XJ
What is the combined weight and rack on the Tepui RTT? Also, what is the most weight you've put in the tent when using it?

Thank you.
I believe the racks and RTT is 138LB. The bars are rated for 220Lb. We put around 450LBs about static weight in total. Bars and roof had no issue. Also took it on 14-hour road trip. I just sold this Tepui RTT and putting up a newer model Tepui RTT this weekend. I will post with pictures. It's Tepui's low pro model that is much lighter, thinner with collapse, but stronger.
Sponsored