JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
On my JL, I have the Premium Sunrider Soft Top. I am a little confused on how to put it in the sunrider position (not completely down). From the videos I have seen on Jeep's site (unless it is for the regular sunrider soft top), it shows a coupling that you slide out of the way to put the top in the Sunrider position. Well...mine doesn't have that. So, it seems like my Premium top is like the 4-door tops and it folds back to over the rear seat. Does this sound right for the premium soft top? Also, I need to know how to tie it down in the sunrider position. I have a strut on the sides of the top and I am afraid to tie it to that. Is there something else I need to tie the top down to? Any photos of how you do it would be great.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Al you do is unclip the front (above visors) and fold it back. That’s it! Takes 2 seconds.

If you want, you can use the supplied Velcro straps to secure it so that it has no chance of unfolding, but I’ve gone 80mph for many miles and no straps...

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
On my JL, I have the Premium Sunrider Soft Top. I am a little confused on how to put it in the sunrider position (not completely down). From the videos I have seen on Jeep's site (unless it is for the regular sunrider soft top), it shows a coupling that you slide out of the way to put the top in the Sunrider position. Well...mine doesn't have that. So, it seems like my Premium top is like the 4-door tops and it folds back to over the rear seat. Does this sound right for the premium soft top? Also, I need to know how to tie it down in the sunrider position. I have a strut on the sides of the top and I am afraid to tie it to that. Is there something else I need to tie the top down to? Any photos of how you do it would be great.
i take the windows off flip the clips, push it back, go to the boot flip the single clip pull it the rest of the way down. Then take the strap extenders and strap it down!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i take the windows off flip the clips, push it back, go to the boot flip the single clip pull it the rest of the way down. Then take the strap extenders and strap it down!
That's not "sunrider" position, though. That's putting it all the way down.

I love that this top is so configurable, and so easy to configure. I rarely use sunrider position because all the way down and safari mode are both much more comfortable to me (more wind), but it is a good compromise when I don't feel like taking the windows off.

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
Al you do is unclip the front (above visors) and fold it back. That’s it! Takes 2 seconds.

If you want, you can use the supplied Velcro straps to secure it so that it has no chance of unfolding, but I’ve gone 80mph for many miles and no straps...
My straps are about 3” long. I am not ninja enough to make it stay closed :( also if I go full down when I attach my straps to the ones sewn into the seat there is barely enough strap to keep it down.

Sponsored

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack your thread, but does anyone have a photo of the 2-door in “safari top” configuration (i.e., top up and windows off?
My wife runs her 4 door Sahara this way sometimes, so I’m curious what the 2 door looks like.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Here is another 2 Dr. I wasn't sure about the safari top look. Now I really like it. I didn't get a web sun blocker for my JL (I had spiderweb on my JK) since it is so easy to just flip the top up if you want to block some sun.

IMG_0503.jpg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My straps are about 3” long. I am not ninja enough to make it stay closed :( also if I go full down when I attach my straps to the ones sewn into the seat there is barely enough strap to keep it down.
I think you’re over complicating things. The Velcro just goes around the bars shown in this picture from the user guide.

57FBC5BF-9660-417C-8B42-541CBAF3CF49.png

Fully down position, you just use the locks and no straps (well, I Velcro the rear seatbelts so they don’t flap, but that’s my own hack).

189D0051-24FC-4485-9191-0F108D7A248B.png
Sponsored