First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Any word on the progress or potential timeframe for the release of the 2 door lift kits?
Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Right there with you. I'm really interested in Metalcloak's rock rails too, but no word on when they will be ready either. The only response I got was that "2019 will be an exciting year". I understand it takes time with R&D and production, but the snails pace of just about everything from just about every vendor for the 2-Doors is frustrating!

OP
OP
Alanscott1

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Right there with you. I'm really interested in Metalcloak's rock rails too, but no word on when they will be ready either. The only response I got was that "2019 will be an exciting year". I understand it takes time with R&D and production, but the snail's pace of just about everything from just about every vendor for the 2-Doors is frustrating!
Unfortunately, I think out of all JL's sold last year only about 20% were 2 doors, from a manufacturing/business perspective I totally understand why they choose to focus primarily on the JLU. I would not be shocked if the Jeep that replaces the JL down the road isn't even offered in a 2 door version.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Krawler. JKS and Mopar all have 2dr specific springs lifts. Could also go with a spacer lift, a few of them available too.

Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Sorry, I haven't checked here in a bit. We are working on the 2 door coils and should have them soon. They are going to be different from the 4 door stuff.

OP
OP
Alanscott1

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
@CloakedWillys just noticed on the Metalcloak website that the 2dr lifts have been announced. I'm particularly interested in the 2.5" kit, what shock lengths do you recommend?

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
@CloakedWillys just noticed on the Metalcloak website that the 2dr lifts have been announced. I'm particularly interested in the 2.5" kit, what shock lengths do you recommend?
The Rock Sport shocks are 3" Ext and 17.7" Col.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
As far as lifts for a 2 door, I rented a 4 door JL in Moab using the Mopar kit and was thinking about that same one in my 2 door 2018 JL Rubicon. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/lift-kit-fox-series-shocks-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door

However, Iron Rock just came out with one that will work and give me net 2" (Rubicons are already 1" higher), and that firm comes very highly recommended by my locals. https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/jl-3-foundation-series-lift-kit.html So, I'll be having that put on sometime in the next month. I need a bit more clearance off-road, and I may add 35" tires next year (yes, I know Rubicon fenders will allow 35's without a lift).
Sponsored