2-Door JL's on 37's...Pro's / Con's

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
2-Door JL owners only: For those with 2-door JL's, who now run or have ran 37's in the past, please post comments objectively on pros / cons you have experienced. Include any additional mods you did or plan to do to accommodate 37's, which brand / model tire you have and any other information you deem pertinent...things like on and off-road ride and handling, stability, etc.
Don't forget to post pictures!
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve never owned a 2 door JL, but built a 2 door JK on 37’s.

Some Pro’s:
Looks amazing
Easy to navigate on tight trails
Lighter weight is a big plus
The master of creek beds and large rocks due to short wheelbase
Rarely bottoms out

Cons:
The 4 door is better at hill climbs due to longer wheelbase
Easily blown around on highway at speed

663356F6-A9E1-4A4A-952D-5A7D8687D70A.jpeg

EB65C4A1-BD6D-47C9-9734-5C96C1EA469F.jpeg

10E22F0A-635F-4F9C-9B9A-2DF2EA4D8462.jpeg

3FC6C3FA-7865-4328-B1A4-8D0F2472C7F1.jpeg

46A53AE5-C382-486B-BC89-92160005212C.jpeg

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Ultimately I want to get another set of wheels and run 35 at daily and 37 mt for fun

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I was nervous to jump to 37's initially, and started with 35's and stock Rubi suspension. That lasted just a few weeks before I said screw it, and I'm very glad I did. 35" and stock Rubi suspension will rub a lot offroad, and lifted with 35" just doesn't seem to look right on the JL, IMO.

I got the Mopar lift and 4.88 gears. It accelerates off the line at least as well as it did stock and just as comfy and easy to drive, from the city, to even on the 80MPH toll road.

I went with the Mopar lift because it has great reviews and is the most common/universally known by shops and dealerships, in case it ever needs parts or worked on, as well as a warranty issue, by the fact that it's Mopar. If I was extreme with lots of rock crawling, I would've probably gone MetalCloak for even more travel and then also replaced the front driveshaft to prevent damage with all the flex.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door JL's on 37's...Pro's / Con's 1

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door JL's on 37's...Pro's / Con's 1.5

Here is a shot where the top is 35" with stock suspension, and bottom is 37" with the Mopar lift, at pretty much the exact same angle. At first they look very similar, but look how you can see the back passenger tire under the Jeep. It has way more clearance and is much more intimidating in-person now. However, 35" and stock Rubi suspension is fine and looks great, if you don't offroad and want that.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door JL's on 37's...Pro's / Con's 35s-vs-37s

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I have a 2 door and went with 35" Ko2's on mopar beadlocks with stock Rubi suspension (profile pic). I have since installed a Metalcloak 2.5" Game Changer lift and an Adams front driveshaft. I have sold the Mopar black and red wheels. I recently bought KMC Machete beadlocks and am waiting for the 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers to show up (tracking number says they will be here in a couple days). I will post a pic here when I get them installed. The 35's didn't affect the ride too much. The Metalcloak lift made the ride BETTER, and now that I am riding on the stock wheel/tire combo while I wait for the new ones to show up, I have an opportunity to compare the ride apples to apples. I too am concerned about how the 37's will ride. These will be a much heavier wheel/tire combo. I also ordered a Metalcloak Sport Gate tire carrier. The 35's on the stock carrier made the tailgate rattle, so I knew it wasn't going to work with the 37's. I also think I will re-gear soon 4:88 or 5:13...not sure yet. Here is a pic with the 2.5" lift with 35"KO2's. IMHO the tires look too small. Hopefully the 37's will fix it:like:

20201206_100544 (1).jpg

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2 door and went with 35" Ko2's on mopar beadlocks with stock Rubi suspension (profile pic). I have since installed a Metalcloak 2.5" Game Changer lift and an Adams front driveshaft. I have sold the Mopar black and red wheels. I recently bought KMC Machete beadlocks and am waiting for the 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers to show up (tracking number says they will be here in a couple days). I will post a pic here when I get them installed. The 35's didn't affect the ride too much. The Metalcloak lift made the ride BETTER, and now that I am riding on the stock wheel/tire combo while I wait for the new ones to show up, I have an opportunity to compare the ride apples to apples. I too am concerned about how the 37's will ride. These will be a much heavier wheel/tire combo. I also ordered a Metalcloak Sport Gate tire carrier. The 35's on the stock carrier made the tailgate rattle, so I knew it wasn't going to work with the 37's. I also think I will re-gear soon 4:88 or 5:13...not sure yet. Here is a pic with the 2.5" lift with 35"KO2's. IMHO the tires look too small. Hopefully the 37's will fix it:like:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door JL's on 37's...Pro's / Con's 20201206_100544 (1)

Looks great now, can't wait to see it with your new 37's!

I have always liked white and love how easy it is to blend paint and make occasional trail damage just disappear...I came very close to ordering a white Rubi as my previous off road rigs seemed to make it into the shop about twice a year for minor paint and body, my Bikini Rubi 2-door is my first non-white off road rig and I told myself I would just be more careful...

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Mine are the same. I did this disconnected and no rubbing.

As far as the spacer, mine were way too short, I would have needed at least 2 washers to fill the gap. Not sure there is much to worry about anyway.

And here it is with 37's

20210204_161214.jpg

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I started with 35's but swapped to 37's and love them. I have Mopar springs with Rancho shocks and Metalcloak arms. I also have 488 gears on manual tranny and it is a little more sluggish than with the 35's but still much better than the stock wheel / gear set up. I added Rubicon front fenders and there seems to be plenty of room but the back does rub a little when stuffed especially with someone in back. Tires are Yokohama Geolander MT and have been excellent so far.

fPAQ9Y7.jpg

HTKkB9r.jpg

pvuxDtV.jpg

zkTul6k.jpg

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I started with 35's but swapped to 37's and love them. I have Mopar springs with Rancho shocks and Metalcloak arms. I also have 488 gears on manual tranny and it is a little more sluggish than with the 35's but still much better than the stock wheel / gear set up. I added Rubicon front fenders and there seems to be plenty of room but the back does rub a little when stuffed especially with someone in back. Tires are Yokohama Geolander MT and have been excellent so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door JL's on 37's...Pro's / Con's zkTul6k

looks good as always,

i have 4.56 gears and manual, sounds like the 37s will be rough. Its perfect as is on 35s
Or need a rubi tcase to make up the difference

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)