Sponsored

2 door JLR in SoCal with lots of steep-ish grade wheeling - should I be getting a JLUR?

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
BUT, my heart wants a 2 door...damn it!

Working a deal now on a 4 door, however, and if the dealer in Capistrano is playing straight right now, I may well be placing an order on Monday.:)
Don’t deny the heart what it wants, D. You’ll wake up every night, wondering: “Did I make the right choice?”

Get the 2 door. You know it is the right choice. You’ll always be jelly of mine if you don’t.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I always chuckle when 4 door owners look at a steep trail around here and say I'd never take a 2 door up this trail.

All of us older guys chuckle ...

Do you really think all these steep trails were made after 2007?

OP
OP
jessedacri

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
no way I could say no to that one.
IMG_1031.JPG

Ultimately I couldn't say no either! I'm 2500 miles (and about 25 trail runs) in and the 2 door has been the most incredible experience I've ever had owning a vehicle. So long as you forget the 22 days it spent in the shop for a defective heater core, at least.

Seriously though, what an absolutely iconic rig - Jeep is still pumping out that classic Wrangler magic in its purest form here. I enjoy my buddy's JLU but there's just something really special about the 2 door. I also find it incredibly capable in completely stock form, that short wheelbase does a hell of a lot for me out there, whereas IMO the JLU needs 37s and a lift off the bat to look proportionally right and to match the clearance and breakover.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
IMG_1031.JPG

Ultimately I couldn't say no either! I'm 2500 miles (and about 25 trail runs) in and the 2 door has been the most incredible experience I've ever had owning a vehicle. So long as you forget the 22 days it spent in the shop for a defective heater core, at least.

Seriously though, what an absolutely iconic rig - Jeep is still pumping out that classic Wrangler magic in its purest form here. I enjoy my buddy's JLU but there's just something really special about the 2 door. I also find it incredibly capable in completely stock form, that short wheelbase does a hell of a lot for me out there, whereas IMO the JLU needs 37s and a lift off the bat to look proportionally right and to match the clearance and breakover.
I have the same white Rubi. Wheeled the hell out of it this summer (6,000 miles) and found the need for a lift and tires. Can’t wait to get it out again now that it has a lift and 37’s. Maybe this week a run up to Slickrock road before snow.

JL w 37's.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
jessedacri

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I have the same white Rubi. Wheeled the hell out of it this summer (6,000 miles) and found the need for a lift and tires. Can’t wait to get it out again now that it has a lift and 37’s. Maybe this week a run up to Slickrock road before snow.

JL w 37's.jpg
Sweet rig! I’ll eventually go up a bit and add bigger tires but for now it’s good enough where I feel like I want to focus on a couple accessory items. Gonna throw some onboard air in (ARB dual), get some proper rock rails, add a winch, and then look at tires because at that point my BFGs are going to have turned to dust with how hard I’ve been running them.

I was on the fence between white and a hellayella or sting gray JLR and I honestly think the white is one of the sharpest colors for the JL. Makes the front end lines really pop.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I was on the fence between white and a hellayella or sting gray JLR and I honestly think the white is one of the sharpest colors for the JL. Makes the front end lines really pop.
I might be bias but I really like Punk'n. :involve:

62218.jpg

img_0633-jpg.jpg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I always chuckle when 4 door owners look at a steep trail around here and say I'd never take a 2 door up this trail.

All of us older guys chuckle ...

Do you really think all these steep trails were made after 2007?
...you mean... they weren't?

I appreciate the sense of humor, in all honesty. People are very shortsighted sometimes. You can make anything work in either jeep. Good luck, OP!
Sponsored