Sponsored

2-door JL verses 2-door Bronco. Which has more configurable options for 2-door buyers?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Who offers 2-door owners more choices? The JL or 2-door Bronco?

Every year the 2-door JL gets less and less. The 2-door JL has less configurable options and drive-trains choices than the 4-door JLU.

Anyone curious if the 2-door Bronco offers more for 2-door buyers?

Anyone considering a 2-door Bronco because Ford seems to offer more? (When Ford actually is building them) Lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I can’t configure a two door Bronco like my JLR, also can’t buy one... So there’s that little issue. I canceled my reservation and bought my Rubicon.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I haven't seen a two door (or four door) Bronco yet. And Ford sounds months behind schedule at the very least. I am hoping the best for the Bronco. But right now if you want to buy one you really only have one choice. Let's hope you can choose in 6-12 months.

As for which offers more, it's which offers more of what you want.

I would also expect even less (or much slower) aftermarket support for the 2 door Bronco than 2 door Wrangler.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
The only soft top option on the 2 door Bronco is an add on for $2,200
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door JL verses 2-door Bronco. Which has more configurable options for 2-door buyers? Screenshot 2021-07-10 052938

...and no rear ac/heat vents on the 2 door (the 4 door at least has them under the front seats)
Been in the 115 range all week, my dog would be in a bit of bother without direct air to the back of my wrangler...

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
What I like about the bronco is that it's 9 inches longer than the JL 2 door, and I believe you can remove each rear seat individually. That's what I've been trying to figure out in my JL for a long time now, it'd be sick to just have one seat back there and then the rest of the space open for storage.

Sponsored

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
How can anyone make a decision on the Bronco when you can't even hardly get one, ask the question in two years for maybe an answer. Maybe they will get the production line running by that time. Oh, they are shutting the line down for two weeks in August, it's parts supply again.

trainman

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I found the Wrangler more "configurable" to what I wanted. I wanted a V6 and a manual, can't get that on the Bronco. I wanted the off road package with the manual, can't get that with the Bronco and you can simply add 35" tires to a Rubicon with no other changes. We wanted both tops so that was a wash, can't order dual tops on the 2 dr Rubi so dealer ordered a soft top for an additional $1650. Wanted cloth seats, easy on the Wrangler, not so much on the Bronco. Vinyl might be durable and washable but I don't want to be sticking to my seats in the summer, or burning myself on them. As capable as the Bronco probably is I still prefer the solid front axle, lockers and the swaybar disconnect.

So I can't get a manual V6 off road package with cloth seats from Ford period, bought a Jeep.

Interesting sidebar though. I have also ordered a new truck and found the Super Duty as easy to order as I wanted as the Bronco was difficult. Impossible to configure a Ram the way I ordered my F-350. So I will have Ford tuck if they ever get around to actually building it...

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
That extra space comes at a cost, though. The Bronco is huge. I think the two door Bronco looks decent and has great proportions until I see a picture of it with an actual human in it- at which point it looks awkwardly large. Like it makes the human look comically small next to it.

This looks great:

DEC6ED1B-302D-46AD-8172-18B7549B9DF4.jpeg

This is comical:

9DE8CE37-6548-4154-B020-1EB87660C6E2.jpeg

Strangely, this phenomenon reminds me of Rolls Royce. You see pictures of them and they just look like beautiful sedans. Then you see one in person... holy shit that car’s huge!

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I can’t configure a two door Bronco like my JLR, also can’t buy one... So there’s that little issue. I canceled my reservation and bought my Rubicon.
How did you configure your Jeep? The Bronco gives me more options for less of a msrp.

I found the Wrangler more "configurable" to what I wanted. I wanted a V6 and a manual, can't get that on the Bronco. I wanted the off road package with the manual, can't get that with the Bronco and you can simply add 35" tires to a Rubicon with no other changes. We wanted both tops so that was a wash, can't order dual tops on the 2 dr Rubi so dealer ordered a soft top for an additional $1650. Wanted cloth seats, easy on the Wrangler, not so much on the Bronco. Vinyl might be durable and washable but I don't want to be sticking to my seats in the summer, or burning myself on them. As capable as the Bronco probably is I still prefer the solid front axle, lockers and the swaybar disconnect.

So I can't get a manual V6 off road package with cloth seats from Ford period, bought a Jeep.

Interesting sidebar though. I have also ordered a new truck and found the Super Duty as easy to order as I wanted as the Bronco was difficult. Impossible to configure a Ram the way I ordered my F-350. So I will have Ford tuck if they ever get around to actually building it...
The 2.3 is more powerful than the 3.6 and comes in a manual. Of course it does have turbos but do so does the 2.7 so I don’t think that was the issue.
The Badlands has everything the Rubicon has sans live axle. Sway disconnect front rear lockers 33 mud terrains and stick shift. It also has 4.7 heating and 95:1 crawl.
I do like cloth better but people get the vinyl on their $300k boats so I’m assuming it’s good.
I tried to purchase a 2dr rubicon stick but the price was almost the same as my 250 Tremor. Ouch!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Bronco doesn’t have a full electric 2-door with a drone like Jeep showed in a video the other day.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
How did you configure your Jeep? The Bronco gives me more options for less of a msrp.

The 2.3 is more powerful than the 3.6 and comes in a manual. Of course it does have turbos but do so does the 2.7 so I don’t think that was the issue.
The Badlands has everything the Rubicon has sans live axle. Sway disconnect front rear lockers 33 mud terrains and stick shift. It also has 4.7 heating and 95:1 crawl.
I do like cloth better but people get the vinyl on their $300k boats so I’m assuming it’s good.
I tried to purchase a 2dr rubicon stick but the price was almost the same as my 250 Tremor. Ouch!
So LOTs of assumptions there... Wanting 6 cylinders instead of 4 had NOTHING to do with the power level because honestly the 3.6 has more than enough power for my wife. It is sound and feel, the V6 is much more refined than either the 2.3 ecoboost or the 2.0 Jeep turbo.

Can you simply fit 35" tires to the Bronco? They both come with 33's but on the Rubi the only change needed is buying the tires and having them mounted. I do not know if that is the case with the Bronco mostly because nobody has one to try it on.

Rubber seats, especially in the dark color offered are a huge issue for me. I had to order a cover for the center console of the Jeep because that black plastic gets way too hot. My boats have always had white vinyl for a reason, even that is hotter than cloth but cloth is impractical on a boat, the Jeep has a folding soft top should it rain.

I do not know what you ordered on your Rubicon, ours was $43k, my STX is $52k so however you ordered YOUR vehicles might have been the problem.
Sponsored