joanaaso

joanaaso

First Name
Joana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
We will happily make you a 2 door stretch long arm kit. You tell us how many inches you want to go (up to 8") and we can get it done, no big deal at all. The problem is the body work as nobody has come out with corners so you'll spend a small fortune on body work to make the stretch look right.

All that to say, we do custom length arms as a very regular thing and would not have a challenge making a stretch kit.
Thank you guys!
Where can I contact you to have it done?
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I have a question: Can somebody explain the benefits of stretching the wheelbase? I can think of a few possibilities, but feel like I am missing something:
  • better approach/departure angle at expense of reduced break-over angle
  • worse turning radius
  • ability to fit larger tires without trimming?
  • smoother ride?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I have a question: Can somebody explain the benefits of stretching the wheelbase? I can think of a few possibilities, but feel like I am missing something:
  • better approach/departure angle at expense of reduced break-over angle
  • worse turning radius
  • ability to fit larger tires without trimming?
  • smoother ride?
Approach and departure angles improve, ride becomes smoother. Turning radius is still better than a 4 door but yes, its worse than the 2 door was stock. Trimming is massive, heck, the body will need a ton of work to complete the look. The other big improvements are steep hill ascent and decent without making the jeep unstable.

Wheelbase stretching is NOT for everyone but the gains on road and off are huge.

MadBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2.0T 2 dr Rubicon 38’s, 5.13, no lif... 2007 JKU 5.7, Rockjocks, 41" Iroks, Kings, etc FOR SALE
We will happily make you a 2 door stretch long arm kit. You tell us how many inches you want to go (up to 8") and we can get it done, no big deal at all. The problem is the body work as nobody has come out with corners so you'll spend a small fortune on body work to make the stretch look right.

All that to say, we do custom length arms as a very regular thing and would not have a challenge making a stretch kit.

This is interesting... I talked to Rock Krawler (and Synergy, Evo, Genright, etc..) at EJS about this and was told not for 2-3 years if then, not enough people buying 2 doors and even less willing to modify them to that extent.

I will definitely shoot you a PM- looking to go 8”...I’ve already cut into it some to run my 38’s w/o a lift (had 40’s on for a bit)

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
This is interesting... I talked to Rock Krawler (and Synergy, Evo, Genright, etc..) at EJS about this and was told not for 2-3 years if then, not enough people buying 2 doors and even less willing to modify them to that extent.

I will definitely shoot you a PM- looking to go 8”...I’ve already cut into it some to run my 38’s w/o a lift (had 40’s on for a bit)
The challenge is long arm front, rumor has it that Bruiser Conversions will be making a gas tank that will allow the front to go long arm. A long arm rear has never been a challenge.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone get a longarm stretch for the 2dr JL yet?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Maybe yes, maybe no. With the xxxxxxAB and even more with the newest xxxxxxAC version of the lift they corrected the spring pads and there is no more bow as it was with the original xxxxxxAA version of that set. Also, at the end of the day it still is theoretically a 2" lift and since it's from Mopar (warranty and fixes are on them) they would definitely include all the necessary hardware to lower the cost of people coming back for adjustments. I don't really see too many users adding much to this set except for rare occasions where they sometimes add an adjustable trackbar (just in case, I'm looking at the Rancho for $170). But, every car is different so I will only know with mine after the installations how things are. I really hope I won't be one of the unlucky ones that actually need all that extra stuff. Cross my fingers, lol.
Do a little more research. Definitely not a complete lift and definitely much better options for the money.

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
Gorgeous. Um, the jeep. I too have an all Sting Grey 2 door Rubicon and think it's a really pretty combination. I think white is also really good looking.

Sponsored

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Opted for a RK mid arm for now. Hoping to eventually stretch
Would you mind posting a pic from the side and rear or front please? Would love to know the wheel/tire combo you went with, looks amazing!