Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Sport 2" spacers 305/65 tires.

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

Tumbledown1.JPG

Sport50%.jpg
I Upgraded from 305/65's to 295/70's. A little added clearance and the steering isn't as twitchy as it was with 12" wide tires..........quieter ride as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Sport ONLY - Let's see them! IMG_6204.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Sport ONLY - Let's see them! IMG_6205.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Sport ONLY - Let's see them! IMG_6206.JPG

Last edited:

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I Upgraded from 305/65's to 295/70's. A little added clearance and the steering isn't as twitchy as is was with 12" wide tires..........quieter ride as well.
Which 2 inch lift did you use? Sorry if you've posted before, I'm not great at searching here and I couldn't find when scanning your post history. I've been looking around but most I see are like... inch and a half in front and 2 in the rear, and I don't want to accentuate forward rake. Yours looks pretty much perfect.

Side note, I realized I've bookmarked pictures of your Jeep about 4 different times from different posts you've made not realizing it's the same Jeep, because it's EXACTLY the look and stance I want for mine, so I'm just going to copy everything you did hahaha... Great looking Jeep!

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Which 2 inch lift did you use? Sorry if you've posted before, I'm not great at searching here and I couldn't find when scanning your post history. I've been looking around but most I see are like... inch and a half in front and 2 in the rear, and I don't want to accentuate forward rake. Yours looks pretty much perfect.

Side note, I realized I've bookmarked pictures of your Jeep about 4 different times from different posts you've made not realizing it's the same Jeep, because it's EXACTLY the look and stance I want for mine, so I'm just going to copy everything you did hahaha... Great looking Jeep!
First off, dealer modded the Jeep when new and I bought it this way.
They did not add extended shocks and I got the dealer to pay for them since the kit says it requires extended shocks and they did not follow the directions. :headbang: (I looked underneath and immediately noticed the stock shocks and no extenders)

So anyway Tuff Country is the brand. The shock sleeve adapter things included are not needed with the shocks I used but may be with some depending on how wide the sleeves are on the shocks you get. If the sleeves are narrower than stock, when the axle droops to full extension, larger diameter shocks can contact the frame because they move inward toward the frame somewhat with full extension.

https://www.suspensionconnection.co...UQxstLw6ASwuL5UhnBF2seVB_uUpAr5EaArW7EALw_wcB

I installed Rancho RS5000X shocks for 2-3" lifts. The ride is not harsh and the amount of body roll is reduced and more controlled. They are firmer but I like them. Bigger tires need more control than the barely gas charged stock shocks. I noticed a few times when I hit a dip or heave in the road a little too fast that the shocks may be a little bit long for this lift. Plenty of droop but maybe a little bit of hitting the internal stops.

I don't have extended bump stops so I likely wasn't bouncing off the bump stops. With spacer lifts adding bump stops is prob a good idea, so if you really stuff the suspension you don't over compress a spring. Since my shocks may be limiting my upward travel a bit, I'm probably fine until I bash the stops in the shocks enough times that they start leaking.

I do like that the spacers level out the jeep and eliminate the nose dive look. No other suspension parts modded, just the shocks and spacers and of course the ride is the same.
I did drive it a week or so with the factory shocks, and spacers with the bigger tires and can tell you that hitting bridge seams or RR tracks with the wimpy factory shocks and the bigger tires, you get a little flubber or shudder. The better shocks reduced that very well and IMO are better than using stock shocks with extenders. Just get better longer shocks.....its much better with bigger tires. 305/65 and the 295/70 i have now will not rub or contact the front fender air dam things with back spacing of 5.2" or less (my wheels are 8.5" wide/5,2" back spacing),
I also put spacers under the running boards to raise them a little and it hides the body seam and adds a little clearance.

Last edited:

Kope14

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl sport
Thanks. It's the 2.5" RC lift with 35"s. Love the 2.0 with eTorque and 8 speed. Super quick even with the 35's and stock gears. My last Jeep was a 2013 JK Rubicon 6 Speed, this is my first automatic Jeep and I think the engine/ 8 speed might be the best part.
Hey I know this is from a while ago. Did you have to regear or has your jeep been good with the 35s? I'm about to put my 2.5 rough country with the n3 shocks in and am debating between 33s and 35s. I also have the 2 door turbo sport.

Eric0503

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL sport turbo.
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 sting gray sport

3 inch BDS lift
Fox shocks
Jks quick disconnects
35x12.5r17 Grabber x3s (C-rated)
17x9 raceline shift wheels -12mm
Rough country 50 inch lightbar with DRL
Rough country cube lights with DRL
Rough country MLC-6 aux switch board
Aerolidz lightbar silencer
Fishbone flat fenders
fishbone aluminium fender liners
Iron cross stubby front bumper
Barricade rubi rails
Quake LED switchback headlights
Oracle LED tail lights

20210311_201740.jpg

20210311_201740.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
2020 JL Sport S, 2.0 automatic, LSD, Hardtop, Trailer tow, front hitch receiver, LED rear auxiliary lights. Paramount full width front bumper, warn evo 8 and 22 inch LED light bar waiting for spring install.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Sport ONLY - Let's see them! jeep at szott 2.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Sport ONLY - Let's see them! jeep lighthous

Last edited: