OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I know they want to, but it's obvious from last year sales buyers have something else in mind and go for the low end trim being the Sport due to lower cost.

They want to steer buyers towards a higher trim level. I'm fine with aftermarket lights, especially if they'll save me a few bucks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I guess they also assuming that people are going to spend more, but that is a big assumption.

They want to steer buyers towards a higher trim level. I'm fine with aftermarket lights, especially if they'll save me a few bucks.

LEO95

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Jk hardtop
I am a careful spender, but I have the budget for either model. However, I only need a Jeep with ac, 4dr, power locks, automatic, and power windows. I have always had sports and they perform well on snow, sand, dirt road, fire trails and moderately difficult trails. My first car was a 73 FJ40 in Arkansas and there was no where I couldn’t go for me.

I pull my Jeep behind my RV and every # counts. I will get the Sport S JLU. I don’t want to spend the extra $6500 for Rubicon upgrades I will never use. I also don’t need the extra 238# of weight, or more of if you get the steel bumpers.

There is nothing worse that seeing a dirty old rubicon driven in the City by a soccer mom who has never taken it off road. Just get a renegade or a Honda, or something else.

Watch this video. I don’t see any Rubicon’s, lift kits, 100 inch tires, etc, etc, etc

Lastly, you can load 1000 pounds of cargo in the Sport S, around 820 for the Rubi. That leaves me more weight for over landing.

My 2 cents.

This is what I want

AAB7E64E-2D02-4685-AB6D-B0487E0F4D16.png

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I am a careful spender, but I have the budget for either model. However, I only need a Jeep with ac, 4dr, power locks, automatic, and power windows. I have always had sports and they perform well on snow, sand, dirt road, fire trails and moderately difficult trails. My first car was a 73 FJ40 in Arkansas and there was no where I couldn’t go for me.

I pull my Jeep behind my RV and every # counts. I will get the Sport S JLU. I don’t want to spend the extra $6500 for Rubicon upgrades I will never use. I also don’t need the extra 238# of weight, or more of if you get the steel bumpers.

There is nothing worse that seeing a dirty old rubicon driven in the City by a soccer mom who has never taken it off road. Just get a renegade or a Honda, or something else.

Watch this video. I don’t see any Rubicon’s, lift kits, 100 inch tires, etc, etc, etc

Lastly, you can load 1000 pounds of cargo in the Sport S, around 820 for the Rubi. That leaves me more weight for over landing.

My 2 cents.

This is what I want

Quite a good first post. Welcome!

Sponsored

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel

My 2 cents.

This is what I want

What? No snorkel in use at the water crossing in the video? It's a wonder they did not drown :)!!!!!

LEO95

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Jk hardtop
This just in......

Jim McGean, President of Dynatrac says you can put Rubicon Wheels and tires on a JL Sport!!!

Ok, he didn’t really says that, but he did say you could put up to a 35” tires with no issues on the stock axles because of improvements to the axle made by Mopar.

Someone was asking that earlier in the thread. See the video here:

As for the Rubicon having a wider axle, I am certain that the wheel offsets are the same on the sport and rubi wheels. The rubi wheels just track wider on the same platform.

????

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Has anyone heard of confirmed delivery dates for the 2 dr JL as of yet?
I should be getting mine in June or July

since I'm ordering around early May :D

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone heard of confirmed delivery dates for the 2 dr JL as of yet?
I heard April in another post somewhere on the forum. The person had asked Customer Care.