OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
When it comes to the 2 dr, sales indicate the Sport model is the most popular trim.

Yup, I can drive to the dealer tomorrow and buy a new 2018 2 dr Sahara JK sitting in the dealers lot. Looking at the latest sales figures, looks like the 2 dr Sahara out sells the 2 dr Rubi consistently.

Then why no Jl 2 dr Sahara available? I may just wait a bit longer to buy and drive the BMW convertible a bit longer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
True, but look again compare to last year, they obviously wanted to simplify things especially while the JK was also still being made, sure 2019 will bring more changes.

True, but look at those same statistics and you will see that the Sahara outsells the Rubi.

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
True, but look again compare to last year, they obviously wanted to simplify things especially while the JK was also still being made, sure 2019 will bring more changes.
I did look at the 2017 numbers on this thread.

As I read the numbers a total of 33,117 Sports, 9551 Saharas, and 5982 Rubis were sold last year in the 2 dr version.

Looks like the Sahara out sold the Rubi by and extra 3569 units or a 59.66% sales increase over the Rubi.

So I wonder which Sales VP decided to drop the second highest selling 2 dr model in favor of the also ran Rubi?

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I am sure there was more to the decision than just the total sales and who knows, things will likely drastically change for 2019 once the JK is fully discontinued and it will be the JLs first full year.

I did look at the 2017 numbers on this thread.

As I read the numbers a total of 33,117 Sports, 9551 Saharas, and 5982 Rubis were sold last year in the 2 dr version.

Looks like the Sahara out sold the Rubi by and extra 3569 units or a 59.66% sales increase over the Rubi.

So I wonder which Sales VP decided to drop the second highest selling 2 dr model in favor of the also ran Rubi?

Sponsored

Rubicon1776

First Name
Hondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Z71, Honda Prelude
Occupation
Astronaut
While I love the Rubicon, I'm just not sure I can swing the price. I actually think the Sport S wheels look like the Chief Edition wheels. Like the Blue and Tan look! download (19).jpeg download (17).jpeg
Exact same build I was looking at. BUT now I cannot decide between Red, Mojito, Black, and White. Waiting for half door with soft for certain.

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Where are you guys coming up with the 5% under invoice and the $699 dealer fee? How do you get this? I've finally decided to order one and want to make sure I get the best price.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Where are you guys coming up with the 5% under invoice and the $699 dealer fee? How do you get this? I've finally decided to order one and want to make sure I get the best price.
The "dealer fee" is nonsense. Just shoot for a couple percent below invoice. Not every dealer will do it though. I gave my price quote to another dealer and he couldn't match it.

Sponsored

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The "dealer fee" is nonsense. Just shoot for a couple percent below invoice. Not every dealer will do it though. I gave my price quote to another dealer and he couldn't match it.
Sounds good. Thank you Fred!

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like my JK Sport S front and rear Detroit truetracs much better than my previous JKUR e-lockers. I also like the quick sway bar disconnects on my JK Sport S much better than the electric sway bar disconnects on my JKUR.

I liked the front D44 on my JKUR much better than the D30 on my JK Sport S.

I liked the JKUR transfer case ultra low ratio but sometimes it was too low.

I ordered a 4-door JL Sport S and added the anti-spin diff to get the rear D44.
Sponsored