pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Link to official info on Orange Peelz Concept:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-including-magneto-wrangler-ev-concept.67708/

Is Jeep tossing a bone to 2-door owners? Looks like Jeep is teasing 2-door owners again? Jeep showed a Orange Peel colored 2-door hard top with half doors.. The VERY cool thing about this hard top was the windows or lack of them. The windows were removable! I would LOVE to see removable hard top windows as a production option in the future!!!

I WANT!!!!!:involve:

image2-2.jpeg
image0-2.jpeg

Admin edit:

Added couple more pics of the Orange Peelz concept by @869 KPH at sister-site Jeepgladiatorforum.com.

img_6788-jpg.jpg

img_6789-jpg.jpg
Were they removable, or just removed for the concept?

I mean did they have a mechanism, clamps, some kind of system to remove, or did they modify one hard top to make it look cool without windows, but no real way to mount windows back in.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I mean did they have a mechanism, clamps, some kind of system to remove, or did they modify one hard top to make it look cool without windows, but no real way to mount windows back in.
It was a concept.I don't think they had any mechanism? It probably was just a regular hard top with the windows removed? One of the Jeep reps said they have the removable hard top windows on the 4-door hard top with the Sky Touch roof. She said that's where the concept for that orange 2-door came from.

It does not seem like it would be too far fetched for removable hard top windows in the future? They have it already today in a current model. I am hoping anyway. I think it's pretty cool.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

That looks like glass in the back...
Jeep-Orange-Peelz-1 (1).jpg

Sponsored

Sponsored

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
i don't care so much about the glass being removable, but a more modular hardtop where each side and removable from the core roof, similar to the panels above the front seats are modular. Then storage of hardtop would be so much more convenient. Even someone in an apartment could feasibly store their hardtop under their bed, in a big closet or in corner of room against the walls

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
Let's take it a step further... By making the glass removable, Jeep could frame the hard top as part of the body and get rid of that stupid, interior roll cage. It would free up a LOT of interior space, and I would be far more likely to remove the glass than take off the top altogether (which I currently NEVER do.)

I must say that I don't care for that idea. The basis of a wrangler is it's roots to the CJ and Military jeeps. Makingg a perminant hardtop without the cage would take away a huge part of that DNA. A varient is cool as you described but it wouldn't be a wrangler anymore. It would evolve into a cherokee or XJ.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
The basis of a wrangler is it's roots to the CJ and Military jeeps. Makingg a perminant hardtop without the cage would take away a huge part of that DNA. ...
No question about it... But in my mind, the massive roll cage currently used is almost its own enclosure. When you take the top off, these newest Wranglers look like shit. Face it, thanks to our nanny-state minders, the open air CJ is gone forever.

But if you do away with the idea of a removable top, there is at least the potential to make the vehicle enclosure as minimalist as possible, and equipping it with removable glass goes a long way in achieving that.

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-including-magneto-wrangler-ev-concept.67708/

Is Jeep tossing a bone to 2-door owners? Looks like Jeep is teasing 2-door owners again? Jeep showed a Orange Peel colored 2-door hard top with half doors.. The VERY cool thing about this hard top was the windows or lack of them. The windows were removable! I would LOVE to see removable hard top windows as a production option in the future!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door JL Orange Peelz Concept showcases removable hard top windows @ Chicago Auto Show EFCA75E9-F46D-41E0-BC7D-08B94C35CC46
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door JL Orange Peelz Concept showcases removable hard top windows @ Chicago Auto Show EFCA75E9-F46D-41E0-BC7D-08B94C35CC46

Admin edit:

Added couple more pics of the Orange Peelz concept by @869 KPH at sister-site Jeepgladiatorforum.com.

Absolutely love the looks of Orange Peelz…perfectly nails what a Jeep should look like! Anyone think it will actually be offered in 2022? 🤔
Hope they at least start offering the Freedom Panel side windows for hard tops. 🤞

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Admin edit:

Uhm.. That color would be The Beloved Nacho....
Sponsored