Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I hope a new side window removal offering could be retro'd into the current hardtops. I am not going to buy a whole new top. I also like those high clearance fenders.
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
If you have access to a hammer your windows are already removable.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Ffs jeep keeps showing awesome things but never actually sells them.

I want
Half doors
Hard top sunroof (was a concept)
Black or interior painted roll cage.

These things would just be amazing.
Never say never...anything is possible if there is enough noise made and the demand is there. They are slowly checking off the boxes for what people want. Remember, Jeep actually came up with the Diesel and 392 Hemi. No one thought they would. And now the Xtreme Recon package with 35" tires and beadlocks.

Your list is easy. You can get more than half way there now.

*You can buy half doors.
*Jeep offer a Sun Rider top that replaces the Freedom Panels. Kind of like a sunroof in the hard top.
*The roll cage can be painted black or wrapped pretty easy.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Never say never...anything is possible if there is enough noise made and the demand is there. They are slowly checking off the boxes for what people want. Remember, Jeep actually came up with the Diesel and 392 Hemi. No one thought they would. And now the Xtreme Recon package with 35" tires and beadlocks.

Your list is easy. You can get more than half way there now.

*You can buy half doors.
*Jeep offer a Sun Rider top that replaces the Freedom Panels. Kind of like a sunroof in the hard top.
*The roll cage can be painted black or wrapped pretty easy.
Half doors in certain colors and only on a new Jeep so far.
Sun rider is an aftermarket accessory that isn't even their product, although the same company makes the mopar top.
I have a quote to paint the rollbar black for just over 1k so I'm probably doing that.

But still, with the engine options it even boggles my mind more. Will they sell more of the hemi then a sunroof for the hard top like the old ones?

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Half doors in certain colors and only on a new Jeep so far.
Sun rider is an aftermarket accessory that isn't even their product, although the same company makes the mopar top.
I have a quote to paint the rollbar black for just over 1k so I'm probably doing that.

But still, with the engine options it even boggles my mind more. Will they sell more of the hemi then a sunroof for the hard top like the old ones?
The Sunrider top is now a factory option.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-adds-sunrider-flip-top-wrangler-hardtop-factory-option/

The Orange Peelz 2-door had a glass sunroof. This was quoted from a Mopar Insider artcle.

"There is also a new custom removable one-piece Freedom Top glass sunroof also featured on the Orange Peelz Concept."

Another quote from Motor Trend. We can thank Ford and the Bronco for it's competition.

"Among those prototype parts that could soon make their way to the Mopar catalog? A sweet set of steel "high top" fenders, modified rock rails, and a new hardtop roof design that replaces the dual removable Freedom Top panels over the front seat area with a single targa piece with a built-in sunroof.
Jeep hasn't said if these concept parts will make it to production, but we think it's safe to assume we'll see at least the steel fenders and the new rock rails available soon. We recently reported on a leaked catalog of more than 200 factory-backed accessories for the new Ford Bronco, and both big steel fenders and several options for rock rails appeared in it. There's little doubt that Jeep will want to compete with Ford's offerings, and this is probably just the tip of the aftermarket iceberg."

Last edited:

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I got a good up close look at Orange Peelz at EJS in Moab. Another cool feature on that concept was glass Freedom Panels. In talking with one of the Jeep reps, he said this will very likely be offered soon in the Jeep Performance Parts catalog.

You can see a nice walk around I shot on Orange Peelz at 4:29 on the video. Having glass over the front seats really opened up the feeling while inside the Jeep. I hope Jeep brings this to market.

-Steven

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Sunrider top is now a factory option.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-adds-sunrider-flip-top-wrangler-hardtop-factory-option/

The Orange Peelz 2-door had a glass sunroof. This was quoted from a Mopar Insider artcle.

"There is also a new custom removable one-piece Freedom Top glass sunroof also featured on the Orange Peelz Concept."

Another quote from Motor Trend. We can thank Ford and the Bronco for it's competition.

"Among those prototype parts that could soon make their way to the Mopar catalog? A sweet set of steel "high top" fenders, modified rock rails, and a new hardtop roof design that replaces the dual removable Freedom Top panels over the front seat area with a single targa piece with a built-in sunroof.
Jeep hasn't said if these concept parts will make it to production, but we think it's safe to assume we'll see at least the steel fenders and the new rock rails available soon. We recently reported on a leaked catalog of more than 200 factory-backed accessories for the new Ford Bronco, and both big steel fenders and several options for rock rails appeared in it. There's little doubt that Jeep will want to compete with Ford's offerings, and this is probably just the tip of the aftermarket iceberg."

I feel making an aftermarket an accessory isn't the same. And I don't want the Sunriders, I want the glad one. I dislike how the Sunriders breaks the colors.

I do hope half doors come in a kit soon, I haven't been able to find them aftermarket.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I got a good up close look at Orange Peelz at EJS in Moab. Another cool feature on that concept was glass Freedom Panels. In talking with one of the Jeep reps, he said this will very likely be offered soon in the Jeep Performance Parts catalog.
I'd be curious to see pricing though. There's a product called ClearLidz out now but it's *$1300*. For replacement Freedom Panel (just one, it's not a 2-part product).

I really hope that they redesign the Freedom Panels in the future. They're *ginormous* and don't fit cleanly in the Jeep when you take them off. Sure, there's that bag, but it's MASSIVE and blocks your entire rear view when it's got the panels in there, plus takes up ~12inches of cargo space. I'd love to see the Freedom Panels resized/redesigned to slide into slots on either side of the cargo area. They'd have to shorten them, obviously, but I think that would be a much more logical/clean storage area.

Or resize the storage tub underneath the cargo bay to store them.

Or a roof-rack type solution where they clip onto the back part of the hard top, or maybe lift up and slide back, etc.