2 Door JL Cargo Space / Dimensions?

jayleno

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none :(
Hi guys, does anyone have exact dimensions of the trunk of the 2021 2 door JL? I'm wondering if i can fit a couple carry ons in there. I can't find any info on the depth with the back seats not folded down, from both the bottom and the top of the seat to the trunk door. Also, has anyone strapped their luggage on a roof rack instead? What are my options? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

jayleno

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I know is without the back seat there is 40" + inches to the front seat on the floor and more in height. Are you going for a rental ?
Thanks for the reply! I ordered my 2 door a couple of weeks ago, trying to plan ahead for future trips :)

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It's easy to remove the back seats. If you ordered a JL and are planning on carrying people and luggage. Good luck! jayleno, Haha. I'm Bogie

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Hi guys, does anyone have exact dimensions of the trunk of the 2021 2 door JL? I'm wondering if i can fit a couple carry ons in there. I can't find any info on the depth with the back seats not folded down, from both the bottom and the top of the seat to the trunk door. Also, has anyone strapped their luggage on a roof rack instead? What are my options? Thanks!
With the rear bench you can fit a water bottle in the cargo area, good to keep you hydrated. I dont know about luggage, but definitely you can fit your wallet.

Just kidding. you might be able to fit a few carry ons. It is 13 cubic feet total Length is about a foot or so. It is tiny.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I can fit my carry on backpack, a 5.11 Rush 72 stuffed to point I need the compression straps to get it on regional flights with Jeep's back seats in place (I could probably fit two of them if needed). My typical work travel load out includes a large Pelican tool case along with a large 5.11 duffel bag for clothes. It all fits inside the Jeep with the back seat folded forward. I actually managed to stuff my coworkers similar setup, with all my gear all in the back. There's way more room then you would think.

OP
OP

jayleno

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can fit my carry on backpack, a 5.11 Rush 72 stuffed to point I need the compression straps to get it on regional flights with Jeep's back seats in place (I could probably fit two of them if needed). My typical work travel load out includes a large Pelican tool case along with a large 5.11 duffel bag for clothes. It all fits inside the Jeep with the back seat folded forward. I actually managed to stuff my coworkers similar setup, with all my gear all in the back. There's way more room then you would think.
That's super helpful thank you!! Hard to find good info like this from the jeep website.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Tied up at the moment but can go measure it out later this evening if no one has answered with dimensions yet!

OP
OP

jayleno

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tied up at the moment but can go measure it out later this evening if no one has answered with dimensions yet!
I'd really appreciate that!!!! Just need it with the seats in the normal position. Thanks so much 🥺

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I'd really appreciate that!!!! Just need it with the seats in the normal position. Thanks so much 🥺
Looking at 41 and about a half width, which is consistent from top to bottom.

At it's deepest, the bottom of the trunk space is 16 inches deep, and that holds for the right 32 inches of trunk space.

The remainder of the bottom tapers down to 12.5 inches deep on the remaining space on the left side (where the door protrudes into the interior)

From the rear seat to the highest point in the trunk (which I use as the top of the tailgate) is 10 inches deep, which gets gradually deeper going down from there until the full 16 inches at the bottom since the rear seats slope back.

And here's a "normal" sized backpack for reference:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Cargo Space / Dimensions? IMG_20210413_220910
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Cargo Space / Dimensions? IMG_20210413_220826

Sponsored

OP
OP

jayleno

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at 41 and about a half width, which is consistent from top to bottom.

At it's deepest, the bottom of the trunk space is 16 inches deep, and that holds for the right 32 inches of trunk space.

The remainder of the bottom tapers down to 12.5 inches deep on the remaining space on the left side (where the door protrudes into the interior)

From the rear seat to the highest point in the trunk (which I use as the top of the tailgate) is 10 inches deep, which gets gradually deeper going down from there until the full 16 inches at the bottom since the rear seats slope back.

And here's a "normal" sized backpack for reference:
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you for going out of your way for these!!! I love the color on your Jeep :) I was very close to getting either the Hellayella or the Nacho for myself.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you for going out of your way for these!!! I love the color on your Jeep :) I was very close to getting either the Hellayella or the Nacho for myself.
No problem! I was looking for the same kind of stuff when I ordered since I have a carseat in the back 24/7, but like you said most info out there is with the seat folded or removed completely. Enjoy your Jeep when it gets in!

On the color, I definitely never lose it in a parking lot! :LOL:

OP
OP

jayleno

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem! I was looking for the same kind of stuff when I ordered since I have a carseat in the back 24/7, but like you said most info out there is with the seat folded or removed completely. Enjoy your Jeep when it gets in!

On the color, I definitely never lose it in a parking lot! :LOL:
Thanks! Will post a photo when I get it :) and LOL that's a benefit for sure!!

JA50N

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 2 door
I know this kinda old but I didn't want to create a new thread for something so mundane. I did a search and this is the only thread that came up.

My question is, what is the measurement between the wheel wells further up in the cargo area? I assume this 41" is at the back behind the rear seat which is wider. I plan on removing my seats and I happen to have a UWS foot locker box that is exactly 36" wide. I would measure myself but I don't have my Jeep yet as it is on order and should arrive 11/4. Thanks.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
If you're asking for the measurement directly behind the front seat with the rear seat removed, you'll be fine. I have a plano storage box I use for recovery gear that's approx. 35" that fits with room to spare on the sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door JL Cargo Space / Dimensions? 20221013_155314
Sponsored