jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Coming home from Orlando Florida last weekend; on the highway, first time ever, at 55 + I started getting the worst wobble. I stopped and restarted, still there. Drove home on back roads, under 50mph, took over 8 hours. But got home safely. Will take in on Monday; had some lights go on to service the electronic stability control. If I misname it, it’s because I need to go to bed. Anyway, hate to see this 10,000 miles. Hope it will be an easy fix.
if interested , these are old but they are the two videos that helped me understand and diagnose wobbles. they are on a JK but the tech is very much the same in the JL. Jenn wheeled with him back in the day.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Coming home from Orlando Florida last weekend; on the highway, first time ever, at 55 + I started getting the worst wobble. I stopped and restarted, still there. Drove home on back roads, under 50mph, took over 8 hours. But got home safely. Will take in on Monday; had some lights go on to service the electronic stability control. If I misname it, it’s because I need to go to bed. Anyway, hate to see this 10,000 miles. Hope it will be an easy fix.
Sorry the issue cropped up on yours too Chistina. :(

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Major stinkatude! Good luck.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Sorry to hear that, remember the first time I experienced good old death wobble on the highway in my TJ. Was not a pleasant experience on the busy highways here, thought I was going to take out the vehicle next to me.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Long time no update - John took your recommendation last time and hit White Mountain and fit in the Squeeze and a bunch of others a couple weekends ago. Had a blast!

Pretty sure I’m heading out to big bear tomorrow AM, probably starting at cleghorn if you’re trying to scratch a wheeling itch. Heard there’s a little snow up there but not sure if it’ll be present on any of the trails.

Got a backload of pics from my last run up, I’ll get around to a proper photo update at some point:
7F1B8D05-2DD3-489C-B35E-13E283C8A5B4.jpeg
4245B5F0-422B-4AF8-BEC1-9033838E401E.jpeg

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yo, got stuck in some mud by Lake arrowhead on a trail. You know anyone local enough to want to winch a brother out? We’re walking it out on 2N24 to try and flag down a Jeep.

Update: Big Bear Off Road Recovery is a godsend. Insanely reasonable price for hauling his ass out to arrowhead from Big Bear on a Saturday night. Looks like I’m buying a winch this week, lol.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Long time no update - John took your recommendation last time and hit White Mountain and fit in the Squeeze and a bunch of others a couple weekends ago. Had a blast!

Pretty sure I’m heading out to big bear tomorrow AM, probably starting at cleghorn if you’re trying to scratch a wheeling itch. Heard there’s a little snow up there but not sure if it’ll be present on any of the trails.

Got a backload of pics from my last run up, I’ll get around to a proper photo update at some point:
7F1B8D05-2DD3-489C-B35E-13E283C8A5B4.jpeg
4245B5F0-422B-4AF8-BEC1-9033838E401E.jpeg
Wow! I bet even TJ is impressed with the photos!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
yo, got stuck in some mud by Lake arrowhead on a trail. You know anyone local enough to want to winch a brother out? We’re walking it out on 2N24 to try and flag down a Jeep.
If I only saw this yesterday, could have been almost half way there by now... sorry to hear it. Mud is fun as long as you can get out.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
aw man. sorry, we were in the Calico mountains this weekend, how did you make out?

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Big Bear Off Road Recovery is a godsend. Insanely reasonable price for hauling his ass out to arrowhead from Big Bear on a Saturday night. Looks like I’m buying a winch this week, lol.
you guys didnt have a tow strap either? another must have, used more than the winch.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
you guys didnt have a tow strap either? another must have, used more than the winch.
Absolutely! That's all Cristina & I used and we were out in seconds! In fact, it was so easy we got stuck a second time on purpose! Lol!
(Yes, that WILL be in the video! :like:)

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
aw man. sorry, we were in the Calico mountains this weekend, how did you make out?
No worries, figured it was a long shot but know you and a few others on here are semi-local. We were just a single Jeep on this trip and were on an unnamed trail so hadn't seen another vehicle, fairly simple bit of trail but it was that really weird aerated mud that likes to fill up the KO2s and not let go. Got wedged in between a stump and a tree and every move I made sent the Jeep further off the edge of the trail as the ground sunk.

On the much-redeemed Jeep cred side of things though, I woke up early the next morning and headed to the western end of Holcomb Valley trail, had planned on just doing some light cruising through the woods on that one after our bummer night of getting stuck. Trailhead was in a foot of snow and there was a group of Jeeps airing down, turns out they were a Korean 4x4 group out of Torrance, super nice group of guys. They were headed to try Holcomb Creek in the wintery conditions and I got peer pressured into joining since the group leader's bro also was rocking a 2dr white JLR and had done it stock a few months ago (but now is lifted on 35s).

We got a few JL torx tools out and we collectively put my steel bumper in short mode and I got through the gatekeeper no problem! Conditions were pretty rough with lots of wet rocks and puddles, but over the course of the whole trail I had to get strapped up just once. What an absolute blast Holcomb Creek is - looking forward to slapping that Badge of Honor on when it comes in the mail.

Shout out to those dudes, they were very, very good spotters. They were rolling video the whole time and soon you'll see my bone stock ass ripping it through the boulder gardens, haha. I was so focused on getting through I didn't take really any shots of my own Jeep but got plenty of theirs, including the lifted white JLR that's got me wanting to empty my wallet.

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

Last edited:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
On the much-redeemed Jeep cred side of things though, I woke up early the next morning and headed to the western end of Holcomb Valley trail, had planned on just doing some light cru

IMG_2741.JPG
that is awesome! great way to get back at it. it is great when you can accidentally hook up with a cool group. nice looking rigs. on a side note, if it is un named or unmarked it most likely isnt legal. we found that spot where we broke our axle shafts is a closed area, so i wont be able to go try it again sadly. glad your trip ended on a high note, we will have to hook up for a run one of these days.
Sponsored