2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

terrytnt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB and BMW
I know. I ordered 1/8 and didn't leave D until 4/9. What's positive is that, for the first time, I'm seeing signs of a major 2dr production increase. I recognize that the following is somewhat anecdotal, but the number of window stickers for 2drs reported on the cryptostickers site has doubled in just the last 24 hours. Further, where there was just one 2dr in build status on the spreadsheet at the start of the week, there are now ten. Things are happening.
Warc1, can you please provide a link to this spreadsheet, seem to have displaced mine.

thank you,

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
Taking a look at orey22's fresh Rubi...

-Are the rock rails the same as the Moab concept (see picture) or are they more narrow?
-There seems to be a blueish tint on the front windows..is that just the photo or is there a factory tint?

Also curious if anyone stores their two door hardtop in a place other than their garage or shed? I'm looking to find a good solution since I'm in an apartment - might just turn it on its side and bring it in

Might need to vinyl wrap my Jeep in Nacho when I get bored of the white in a few years...damn it looks good

20180503_134117-jpg.jpg

Nacho-Wrangler-004.jpg

The Nacho has the Mopar Performance Rails, orey22’s are definetly the standard Rubicon rails.

The front windows have a laminate/tint.

Stinger226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX2
So, with all the delays on 2018 jeeps. What are the thoughts on 2019 release of JLs and JLUs? I'm just curious to know how may months my new jeep will be a "new" jeep. And, will FCA be delayed building 2019s for a late release of those too? I wonder...

Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I need those MOPAR Performance Rails on the Nacho 2 door. Soooo NEED.

Also breaking news . . . don't flame me . . . I am buying an absolute base JLU Sport. I will keep my JLR order and see what happens but, YES, I am rewarding FCA/FCK for its very bad behavior. In the end though, I just need the top off and to hit the rocks with my 18 year old daughter at Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree this month!!!

The only option, anti-spin/upgraded rear axle. That's it. A sub $30k purchase and I am installing lift with Rubi takeoffs and a cb (the cb is required for Jeep Jamboree).

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

Also breaking news . . . don't flame me . . . I am buying an absolute base JLU Sport. I will keep my JLR order and see what happens but, YES, I am rewarding FCA/FCK for its very bad behavior. In the end though, I just need the top off and to hit the rocks with my 18 year old daughter at Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree this month!!!

The only option, anti-spin/upgraded rear axle. That's it. A sub $30k purchase and I am installing lift with Rubi takeoffs and a cb (the cb is required for Jeep Jamboree).

get out.gif

Enjoy your new Jeep!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

A suggestion--would renting a Jeep be possible? You'd still get to enjoy the event, topless and all!

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
SmartSelectImage_2018-05-04-15-44-13.png

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I understand that they will just repeat the same info for the next few weeks, pretty bummed about it to be honest. Scheduled build date, is that when it goes through the factory or arrives at the dealer? I thought I saw that it meant at the dealer a while ago.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I asked Quadratec about the Mopar Rock Rails. They told me they are designed to take lateral force but they are not designed to protect the pinch seem if the vehicle is dragged on top of a rock. And they cannot be used as a jack point for a Hi-Lift jack.
"Rock rails", more like mall rails. Facepalm.