jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
After a whole day of watching my friend install the winch i was exhausted! But Nalah wanted one, kept asking for it

2C4B1170-A3A8-4BE8-89B2-E94EDD490233.jpeg

6CBD8771-CE7A-434A-8BB2-505764B9A332.jpeg
All that watching can wear you out huh, I swear that when the kids come over and work on their rigs here that I get more tired than if I did it myself.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Hello friends! It's been sooo long since we spoke at least once an hour on this chat.
Heading to Jasper Georgia for the Sheriff Jeepfest. About 1000+ Jeep's coming. Everyone just wants out!
later this month heading to the Troy NC Jeepfest. That's about it for me for the southeast.
Hope everyone is safe and well.

Sponsored

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Hello friends! It's been sooo long since we spoke at least once an hour on this chat.
Heading to Jasper Georgia for the Sheriff Jeepfest. About 1000+ Jeep's coming. Everyone just wants out!
later this month heading to the Troy NC Jeepfest. That's about it for me for the southeast.
Hey Cristina, hope all is well with you and your family. Sounds like a great time!

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
That sounds like a great time!

I missed the Moab trip, so I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get back!

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Have a great time and stay safe!

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Well, I think I need a lift next. I spun my tires on my rubi, probably should wait a bit til they run down a bit. But found out on trail jeepers use lifted daily drivers, they don't hold back lifting. . It's an expensive plan, so your opinion, one inch or two? I assume the 1 vs 2 need different tires? What do y'all recommend? I'm just a beginner but folks on the trail are supper nice. They also will be stuck if they don't help but mainly they are awesome. That's how you learn.
It has been super fun. Heading back to savannah in the morning.

5C9E8A0E-A1CB-4A5B-8EAE-AA1F0AF7626D.jpeg

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I think I need a lift next. I spun my tires on my rubi, probably should wait a bit til they run down a bit. But found out on trail jeepers use lifted daily drivers, they don't hold back lifting. . It's an expensive plan, so your opinion, one inch or two? I assume the 1 vs 2 need different tires? What do y'all recommend? I'm just a beginner but folks on the trail are supper nice. They also will be stuck if they don't help but mainly they are awesome. That's how you learn.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread 5C9E8A0E-A1CB-4A5B-8EAE-AA1F0AF7626D
FWIW I went 2” Mopar lift and 37’s. Did it all myself and saved a bundle.

Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys

A lift won’t keep your tires from spinning. It all depends on the trails that you want to go on or the look that you are going for. The tires should match the trails also. Are you looking for mud tires, rock crawlers or gravel roads? If it’s for looks that’s personal too. Some people like a tire that fills the wheel well and some like tires that show room for travel.

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Looks like so much fun!

Lifts are a tough one, and as important as tire choice. I chose the Metalcloak 2.5" game changer because I love how comfortable they are with no squeaks and creaks. They also allow for great articulation so tires stay on the ground. I don't think I would have gotten a lift if I weren't scraping so much on a trail, but more I noticed how little travel I had. Hitting speed bumps at speed now without hitting the bump stops. Yay!

Seriously though, lifts help with many things and you should write down what's important to you and where you will be going. Try to find the one that helps your goals.

You may still find that the stock suspension will do the job. Maybe all you need is better shocks and more time finding the right line? Always have fun, whichever way you decide to go. 🍻

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread 5C9E8A0E-A1CB-4A5B-8EAE-AA1F0AF7626D
I’d recommend metalcloak 2.5" lift. My reason is longevity between maintenance intervals. Bushings wear out, these just last much longer than many others I’ve had experience with.
Sponsored