jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Have any 2dr Rubi owners here replaced their rock rails and would be interested in selling the OEM parts? I did some trail damage to the driver's side rail and am looking to buy a replacement. Send me a PM if interested.
sorry, gave mine away some time ago.
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
i know no ones going to like my take on securing the trunk space but this is what we do. we very, very rarely leave our jeeps out of sight. especially in the cities. we choose restaurants where we can view them, when shopping, one goes in while the other stays with the jeeps. in this way we have only lost a case of water someone lifted out the back quite some time ago. it is inconvenient but effective. the only time they get left out of sight is when they are completely empty, or just have just a case of water in back lol

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
What a bargain price! Maybe I'll get two! :giggle:
Yeah... trying to keep my top off for as long as I can. I’m even wearing quick dry hiking pants at work, in case I get rained on. So was looking for something to keep my equipment dry, and maybe secure. I may just bungee cord a tarp on...

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yeah... trying to keep my top off for as long as I can. I’m even wearing quick dry hiking pants at work, in case I get rained on. So was looking for something to keep my equipment dry, and maybe secure. I may just bungee cord a tarp on...
I originally wanted the bikini, windjammer, and duster combination.

But I guess they don't make enough profit? :(:asshat:

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for all the non rubi owners, do you disconnect your sway bar when you off road?

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I have a question for all the non rubi owners, do you disconnect your sway bar when you off road?
I don't for two reasons: 1, I don't rock crawl; and 2, I didn't known that was even possible with a Sport! Lol!

Last edited:

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I’m looking for recommendations from the 2door brain-trust here...

First the specs. I have a 2 door Sport S, 2.5” lift, 35” KM3’s on OEM 17’s. I love it, it’s great and I’ve been extremely happy with it for the year plus I’ve been driving it. Not my first Jeep, not by a long shot. I’ve driven nothing but Jeeps since ‘86. Some lifted, some not.
Unfortunately, the rear is sagging and I’m sure it’s because of the tire on the back. I’m running no back seat, no bombproof bumper or anything... usually just me and my girlfriend in the Jeep.

So I’d like to replace the coil springs and shocks to correct the sag. Might as well do front and back, right?

Do any of you have any killer coil-spring/shock combos that you’re happy with/would recommend? I’m open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

First the specs. I have a 2 door Sport S, 2.5” lift, 35” KM3’s on OEM 17’s. I love it, it’s great and I’ve been extremely happy with it for the year plus I’ve been driving it. Not my first Jeep, not by a long shot. I’ve driven nothing but Jeeps since ‘86. Some lifted, some not.
Unfortunately, the rear is sagging and I’m sure it’s because of the tire on the back. I’m running no back seat, no bombproof bumper or anything... usually just me and my girlfriend in the Jeep.

So I’d like to replace the coil springs and shocks to correct the sag. Might as well do front and back, right?

Do any of you have any killer coil-spring/shock combos that you’re happy with/would recommend? I’m open to any suggestions.

Thanks!
We went with metalcloak but i got the 4 door rear springs to help with my sag while loaded. Paired with the falcon adjustable shocks i find it an extremely capable combination.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I don't for two reasons: 1, I don't rock crawl; and 2, I didn't known that was even possible with a Sport! Lol!
It is actually even more important in a sport without lockers and not just for rock crawling. I was thinking of doing a vid about the how and why. Was trying to gauge interest.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey TJ,

You planning on going to Jeeptoberfest this weekend? It looks like it might be a wet one.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

Thanks!
I went with the MetalCloak 2.5" lift as well. The RockSport shocks and 2 door springs are a very comfortable ride. I have zero sag after 700-800 miles and it's been loaded down, but not as much as John so no need for the four door springs here. :fingerscrossed:

If they develop the Fox adjustable shocks I may go with them to let me adjust a bit for on road and off road ride. The RockSports are stock comfortable but I would like it to be a bit more firm on the road to be honest.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
We went with metalcloak but i got the 4 door rear springs to help with my sag while loaded. Paired with the falcon adjustable shocks i find it an extremely capable combination.
I went with the MetalCloak 2.5" lift as well. The RockSport shocks and 2 door springs are a very comfortable ride. I have zero sag after 700-800 miles and it's been loaded down, but not as much as John so no need for the four door springs here. :fingerscrossed:

If they develop the Fox adjustable shocks I may go with them to let me adjust a bit for on road and off road ride. The RockSports are stock comfortable but I would like it to be a bit more firm on the road to be honest.
Metalcloak and Teraflex are on my shortlist. I’m leaning more towards Metalcloak because of all the real-world experience I’ve read about here on the forum. Good to know both of you have had the same positive experiences.
@Krondor - I know all about your lift! What a transformation! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of how it turned out.
Thank you for the feedback guys.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak and Teraflex are on my shortlist. I’m leaning more towards Metalcloak because of all the real-world experience I’ve read about here on the forum. Good to know both of you have had the same positive experiences.
@Krondor - I know all about your lift! What a transformation! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of how it turned out.
Thank you for the feedback guys.
On our '07 we are running teraflex, hit up joe n let em know toad sent you if you decide to go that way. The new compound they are using on their bushings last much longer than the older version.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@jlopes68 - will do! Thanks!

I hope to have some new pics next week. Lots of upgrades on the way. The new shocks and springs are the last piece of the puzzle.

I waited for the aftermarket to catch up with the JL as far as bumpers and lighting go and developed this sag in the meantime.... it’s never ending. Lol
Sponsored