2 door hardtop guys/gals

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
has anyone noticed the little plastic covers behind the seatbelts ever come loose and rattle around? it is driving me nuts. both sides. they're held in place by little foam blocks that come unstuck and it just rattles. no matter how many times i push them back on to stick in place. i'm about ready to just rip them off or gorilla glue them in place.
Sponsored

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
Yes. My passenger side comes loose all the time. Sometimes they don't feel like the tabs are fully engaging when putting them back in. Really bad design

Sponsored

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
I just realized you were talking about the little covers for the drain tubes. My passenger side has completely come off. I was thinking the little black plastic grommets that hold the wiring for the rear defroster on the very back inside of the hard top. That fell out on my way home from the dealership and continues to do so. Anyone else have this problem as well?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I just realized you were talking about the little covers for the drain tubes. My passenger side has completely come off. I was thinking the little black plastic grommets that hold the wiring for the rear defroster on the very back inside of the hard top. That fell out on my way home from the dealership and continues to do so. Anyone else have this problem as well?
Not I... but some of that Goop, Gorilla Glue, etc. should work for that also. The grommet to which you're referring popped out once when I snagged it with a beach umbrella.

But the covering for those tubes behind the front seats will come loose eventually.

OP
OP
caged

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
yeah, the covers for the plastic drain tubes.
the next time i take the top off, i will do the gorilla glue fix. every time i get in, i have to push them back on so they stick, to stop the flutter.

but if that's my only complaint, i think i'm alright.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

has anyone noticed the little plastic covers behind the seatbelts ever come loose and rattle around? it is driving me nuts. both sides. they're held in place by little foam blocks that come unstuck and it just rattles. no matter how many times i push them back on to stick in place. i'm about ready to just rip them off or gorilla glue them in place.
While the top one feel off - stuck it back on - crammed a t-shirt between the seat and it - no noise
Sponsored