flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Although I thoroughly enjoy the soft top on my 2-door Sport, I was thinking about purchasing a factory hard top if one becomes available on Craigslist or similar. Before committing, I thought it would be best to see if there are any aftermarket hard tops that are just as good or better. It doesn't seem like there's much available, so just wanted to see if any of you have found good alternatives to the factory hard top. Appreciate any/all recommendations.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
This is all I've seen so far for the JL. It's one piece and has no rear wiper or washer, so you don't need to mess with adding the required wiring and plumbing. I like that it comes lined and tinted. You can add a 3rd brake light built in and sliding windows on the sides. I know nothing about the quality.

https://www.rallytops.com/shop/jeep-jl-2dr-1-pc/

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I'm amazed there's anything other than OEM tbh. I'd love to see a fastback that retained the freedom panel capability, but there sadly isn't much out there for us two door owners.

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Following. I'm curious what else is out there. I'm very interested in the rally top and wish I could find more pictures especially with the sliding windows.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
This is all I've seen so far for the JL. It's one piece and has no rear wiper or washer, so you don't need to mess with adding the required wiring and plumbing. I like that it comes lined and tinted. You can add a 3rd brake light built in and sliding windows on the sides. I know nothing about the quality.

https://www.rallytops.com/shop/jeep-jl-2dr-1-pc/
Too bad it's one piece, the freedom panels are one of the great features of the OEM hardtop.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If you look at DV8s site, they offer hard tops for the JK with removable roof panels and “fastback” styling. Maybe someone can cantact them and see if they have JL hard tops planned.
Sponsored