F-150 FX4

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Corey, thanks for a great thread. I found this to be the best price and vendor (genuine Jeep dealer) was very quick to ship in great packaging.
Mopar 2 dr. side steps
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BQ8H8J8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you OP for this thread and thank you Brad for posting the amazon link for the steps. My Mrs wants the steps to replace the stock rock rail on our forthcoming 2-door Rubicon, so if I cave on that request (if???) I might ask the dealer to install them to avoid the "broken bolt" problems I've read about on this forum. Of course if I remove the rock rails that means the first time out wheeling I'll wish I had them, o well. I need to find a pic of a 2-door Rubicon with those steps. . .

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Thank you OP for this thread and thank you Brad for posting the amazon link for the steps. My Mrs wants the steps to replace the stock rock rail on our forthcoming 2-door Rubicon, so if I cave on that request (if???) I might ask the dealer to install them to avoid the "broken bolt" problems I've read about on this forum. Of course if I remove the rock rails that means the first time out wheeling I'll wish I had them, o well. I need to find a pic of a 2-door Rubicon with those steps. . .
The broken bolt issue the rock slider guys ran into does not apply here. The Mopar steps just bolt on to body in dedicated holes.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Any front mudflaps for the Rubicon???????

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The broken bolt issue the rock slider guys ran into does not apply here. The Mopar steps just bolt on to body in dedicated holes.
Have the steps but haven't picked our Jeep up yet (it's waiting in Las Vegas for us, lol) from what I've read it takes longer to remove them from the box than it does to install :)

Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good, thank you! Hopefully the factory rock sliders come off easily. And go back on easily when I realize I need them more than a step. . . I wish there was a simple step that could be added to the Rubicon rails, but I have yet to see such a thing.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Good, thank you! Hopefully the factory rock sliders come off easily. And go back on easily when I realize I need them more than a step. . . I wish there was a simple step that could be added to the Rubicon rails, but I have yet to see such a thing.
If you need both slider and step functionality, you might like the Roam slider steps, they mount to the frame so they are strong and provide a lighted step.

There should be more slider steps coming out this year for 2 doors.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you need both slider and step functionality, you might like the Roam slider steps, they mount to the frame so they are strong and provide a lighted step.

There should be more slider steps coming out this year for 2 doors.
I thought the Roam steps could be the ticket for me until I read posts about QC/rust issues. I'll keep watching posts about new installs, though, to see if things improve. I hope you're right about more options coming our way, but that requires patience!

Maui808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Check out Ace Engineering. They can be mounted with or WO the Rubicon rails. I'm strongly thinking about this set.

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Here you go. I have them on mine and love em. I'm used to this style on my previous Sahara's.

IMG_0873.JPG

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Where do the stock Rubicon rock rails mount to? Are those bolts the ones that people are breaking when removing?

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. I have them on mine and love em. I'm used to this style on my previous Sahara's.

IMG_0873.JPG
Thank you for the pic with the Sahara-type step! Great looking Jeep!

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out Ace Engineering. They can be mounted with or WO the Rubicon rails. I'm strongly thinking about this set.
If I'm understanding the Ace slider/step option for 2-doors, the step would be the round pipe, which (to me) doesn't make a good functional step. Tough decisions!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

IMG_0873.JPG
Nice job. Really good looking Rubicon. Does the step help eliminate the the dirt and rocks from kicking up on to the side and rear fenders?
Sponsored