2 door bikini not an option?

amajoh

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab, 2014 JK Willys
So I'm planning to place my order soon and I really want bikini. However, when I went to my dealer and we attempted to build it, the bikini color option was grayed out for the 2 door. He's put in a call to FCA to find out why it's not showing up as an option but hasn't heard anything back yet. So... I have two questions for you guys.

1) Has anyone been able to order a 2 door in bikini?
2) Has Jeep ever made a vehicle with a color option only available on the unlimited and not the 2 door?

p.s. I'm new here. Hello from the Gulf Coast of TX!
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I would guess its a bug in the ordering system if Bikini is available to order. Then again, they may not open up the 2 doors for a couple more weeks, since they make so many more 4 doors than 2 doors. Also possible that it is on restriction, where it has to be marked as a sold order when ordering. But if I were to guess, if its available, I would think its a bug that should be ironed out rather quickly.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep.com doesn't even show that color available yet. What model did he try to build? Did he try a 4 door with that coloe?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
2Wander placed an order for a JLUS a few days ago but doesn't know if the order will go through or put on hold.

Sponsored

OP
OP
amajoh

amajoh

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep.com doesn't even show that color available yet. What model did he try to build? Did he try a 4 door with that coloe?
We tried to build a 2 door sport and it was grayed out. Then we tried to build a 4 door sport and sahara and it wasn't grayed out for those. Hoping it's just a glitch.

OP
OP
amajoh

amajoh

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would guess its a bug in the ordering system if Bikini is available to order. Then again, they may not open up the 2 doors for a couple more weeks, since they make so many more 4 doors than 2 doors. Also possible that it is on restriction, where it has to be marked as a sold order when ordering. But if I were to guess, if its available, I would think its a bug that should be ironed out rather quickly.
We tried doing it as both a retail and sold order. It wouldn't allow us to click bikini for either in the 2 door version. Hoping it's just a bug!

Gobicon

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
We tried doing it as both a retail and sold order. It wouldn't allow us to click bikini for either in the 2 door version. Hoping it's just a bug!
You can order 2 door Bikini. It's live on jeep.com. I was able to config a JLR in Bikini as I would order that. Good luck!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There are even a few 2-door Bikini on lots now.
Sponsored