Sponsored

2 door aluminum slider and belly pan request

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Vendors, 2 dr. owners are still are waiting. Aluminum and it’s rust free weight savings would be ideal for our shorter wheel base rigs with our greater break over angles. I run a 2.75” lift and 37’s and very seldom scrape on 4, 5 and 6 rated trails. Most folks (like me) only do harder Rubicon type trails a couple times a year. Aluminum will stand up to the less scraping with 2dr. rigs. BTW, an aluminum offering weighing as much as metal but at nearly twice the cost isn’t the right idea, haha. A belly pan like Artec Industries alum. 4 dr. is a bench mark example. Genright’s alum. 4dr. slider is also a very good example. IF you build it they will come.
If you are a 2dr. owner and agree, post up. Maybe a vender will hear us. FYI, I’ve offered to both mentioned vendors a pre-pay for a custom build. No takers.
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I hope LoD decides to make aluminum sliders for a 2 door. I love that they have a bolt-on steel skid for those times when you think you might bash against rocks, and for the rest of the time just remove it to save weight and for the corrosion resistance. If they release a 2 door version that's reasonably priced, I'll ditch my rusting sliders in a heartbeat.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I read somewhere that @Artec finally decided to make a 2-door version, but I don't have any confirmation of this and it's not on their website yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I read somewhere that @Artec finally decided to make a 2-door version, but I don't have any confirmation of this and it's not on their website yet.
I just received a email from Artec Industries
User/Date
Customer (4/26/2020 8:27:24 AM)
Are you making aluminum belly pans or rocker skids for 2 drs.?

User/Date
Staff (Armando Verdugo) (4/27/2020 8:44:16 AM)
We are working on these, but they will not be available until later this year.
Thank you.

Anyone interested in a lightly used 2dr. metal belly pan?

Last edited:

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Throwing in my interest as well for this. Been holding off on a 2door slider in hopes of an aluminum / minimalist design to come along.

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
GenRight makes a great alum. slider but not for a 2dr. even thou they have a part # RCG-10102. If enough folks ask maybe they would.
https://genright.com/contact-us/

As of right now we are still a while off on these. Unfortunately we have not had much interest in them.
If we start getting a lot of calls with people ready to purchase them, they will move up on the priority list. As of right now we are working on Elite suspension systems and full roll cages for the JT and JKU.
Thanks, Jeff Perkins
GenRight Off Road
Sales
Instagram: JPerks87
Facebook: GenRightJeff
Office phone: 805-584-8635 ext. 315
Cell Phone: 636-542-2665
4535 Runway St.
Simi Valley, CA 93063

Last edited:

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As of 2022 now, still no aluminum sliders for the 2 door JL. Anyone come across any?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mid-2022 check in, still not a single slider option in aluminum for 2 door JLs.
Sponsored