Sponsored

2 door Alpine sub-woofer relocation for BedTred install?

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I just got my BedTred set in for the front and rear of my JLR 2 door. But they are sitting in the garage until I figure out how to relocate the floor mounted sub-woofer.
Anyone here have any specifics on how I can move it to maybe the side like the JLU? Or maybe a rack to hang it from the roll bar near the sound bar?
And how would I extend the wiring up to there?
I'm open to pretty much any suggestion since I really don't want to cut the BedTred.
At first I was thinking I could move the sub to under the one of the front seats, but I think it's way to big to go under the seats.
Also, I have the back seat out and have dog beds in the back and they cover up the sub. So that adds to not wanting to leave the sub where it is.

WTF Speaker.jpg
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I have a few thoughts:
  • Have you tried covering it up? The sound difference might not be too bad, and it literally requires nothing to try.
  • I wouldn't hang it from the rollbar. IMHO solid mounting is key to a good sounding auto subwoofer.
  • I doubt that the JLU enclosure will work without massive modifications. I would like someone to prove me wrong though.
  • It might be possible to find a pre-made box and fabricate an adapter plate for the awkward Alpine subwoofer size. I haven't seen any 2-door enclosures yet, but heard that JL Audio is supposed to be making one.