OP
OP
DEN24

DEN24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 wrangler
The mirrors from Campsite Carbon are a great option. Tool free, no loose hardware. Fastest to setup and use, plus with the push button they can be retracted into the Jeep for storage when the doors go back on.

https://www.campsitecarbon.com/collections/jl/products/jl-jt-doors-off-mirror-kit
those do seem really easy... not a huge fan of the round mirrors but those seem convenient af... the price is steep... close to mopar mirror price but seem a lot easier to take on and off... do they shake/rattle at all?

JKJLCamp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 3.6L M6, 2015 JKU Sahara 3.6L M6
those do seem really easy... not a huge fan of the round mirrors but those seem convenient af... the price is steep... close to mopar mirror price but seem a lot easier to take on and off... do they shake/rattle at all?
No shakes or rattles up to 70+ mph. The push button is really convenient, push in to slide the mirror in or out. And the extension has a D-shaped profile so it always snaps back into the preset position.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
just picked up a 2023 2-door sport and got it as basic as possible minus michelin tires... i just cant stand the look of those... i will eventually mod but for now just looking to accessorize, especially wanna get ready to go naked this summer and im new to the jeep life so a bit overwhelmed by the number of aftermarket accessories available for this thing.

i picked up the mopar floor mats since the dealer gave me 100$ to use at the parts dept. and i love the look of the mopar stuff but will run me about 1200$ CAD for everything if im lucky so looking to save a little here... dont want no chinese stuff thatll break in 3 weeks but dont necessarily need OEM stuff either since i will be modding one day and wont keep the accessories forever

here's a list of stuff im looking to pick up before summer, any advice, links, pics etc. are much appreciated and bonus points if u know of places that ship to canada, because raingear for example does not..

- soft top storage bag
- rain cover for when its naked
- doors off mirror kit (that dont shake)
- tonneau cover
- door sill guards

20221221_161101.jpg

thanks OIIIIIIO
Mopar 2 dr door sills at quadratic $63 bucks
Easy install! Just put these in my 2 door.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/door-sill-guards-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door

Last edited:

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Some general advice, don't rush modding. Drive it and figure out what you really want/need. What's important to you nearly always changes after you drive it for a month or two.

Here's some cheap mods that make a big difference.

You'll find that small rocks & pebbles often get wedged between the fenders and body. Lightly push this weatherstripping into the gap between the fenders and body, pull the ends under. Helps keep the rocks out and looks OEM. 25' is just enough for all 4 fenders.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL4D6SK

You find that the front defroster blows a lot of air in the center and too little at the edges. Plug up some of the center vent holes to more evenly distribute the defroster air towards the edges of the windshield.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YSG2JB4

Beyond that it gets into personal preferences. But take your time to figure out what's really important to you.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I had the rugged Ridge sill guards, godd coverage, but after awhile they started peeling up. I took them off, cleaned up the area and used a spray on bedliner for the sill area. Wasn't a fan of mud flaps either, but I live in the desert and kick up rocks all the time. Got the husky mud flaps and they work great.

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
still curious about where to find the stuff i mentionned in my OP without getting cheap chinese stuff... also wondering if i do go the mopar route if anyone has any experience with the mopar sites that arent mopar...

www.mopardepot.ca or
www.moparpartscanada.ca

they got horrible reviews but prices are tempting... also, could be wrong but doesnt seem like mopar makes a tonneau cover for 2 door JLs
I don't know about the first link, but the mopar parts canada website is a local dealership to me in Hamilton, Ontario. They usually have the best price compared to any other dealerships around. I ordered the xtreme recon fender flare extensions for my jeep from them. also if you get the fuel door you can fit a skoda ice scraper in there if you ever forget one or dont have it in the jeep it comes in huge handy in the winter and for bugs in the summer too

OP
OP
DEN24

DEN24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 wrangler
I don't know about the first link, but the mopar parts canada website is a local dealership to me in Hamilton, Ontario. They usually have the best price compared to any other dealerships around. I ordered the xtreme recon fender flare extensions for my jeep from them. also if you get the fuel door you can fit a skoda ice scraper in there if you ever forget one or dont have it in the jeep it comes in huge handy in the winter and for bugs in the summer too
yeah i knew they were in hamilton... bit of a drive from montreal tho lol the reviews were spotty about the right stuff actually getting delivered but i guess i can always go the credit card dispute route if they mess things up and wont make it right

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i knew they were in hamilton... bit of a drive from montreal tho lol the reviews were spotty about the right stuff actually getting delivered but i guess i can always go the credit card dispute route if they mess things up and wont make it right
I would go to your closest local dealer and show them the prices of whatever you want off there and see if they can match it and save you having to pay the shipping. Thats what I do because that website aka "Bay King", is the complete opposite side of the city like an hour away from me but still cheaper than others ive found in canada. it saves you money because i think normally the dealers mark up the prices a bit to make money and thats one of the only legit mopar online retailers that i know of in canada. and if we order from the US we get absolutely rinsed on shipping and duty so thats the best method ive found so far

Sponsored

OP
OP
DEN24

DEN24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 wrangler
I would go to your closest local dealer and show them the prices of whatever you want off there and see if they can match it and save you having to pay the shipping. Thats what I do because that website aka "Bay King", is the complete opposite side of the city like an hour away from me but still cheaper than others ive found in canada. it saves you money because i think normally the dealers mark up the prices a bit to make money and thats one of the only legit mopar online retailers that i know of in canada. and if we order from the US we get absolutely rinsed on shipping and duty so thats the best method ive found so far
yeah ive heard of dealers price matching in the states and now ur telling me ontario does it so worth a shot but i have my doubts here... if youve ever been to quebec youll understand how bad companies are... theyll probably refuse cuz the websites not french 😂

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
yup.. hate the look of mudflaps but might be necessary.. doors and rear fenders where full of crap when i drove in a winter storm so i can only imagine how muddy the inside will get when i take it offroad with no doors... gonna try before i pull the trigger on flaps tho 😅
This past weekend I installed front mudflaps after owning my Jeep for nearly 2 years. OMG, I should have done this from the start! When I use to drive around the block, leaves, mud and debris would be constantly flung up onto the sides of my Jeep. And now, barely anything at all (the tire-side of my mudflaps is evidence of how much these things block).

If you live in a place with wet or snowy roads (last time I was there, Montreal checked all those boxes), then I highly recommend mudflaps. The small cosmetic cost is worth the benefits. And heck, you will likely save your rear fenders from some rock chips/scratches. Those don't look very good IMO.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
The reason for the fuel door is that snow and/or ice will build up in the recess where the filler cap is. You’ll have to scoop it out when you want to fill up.
Is this really a thing? Never happened in 7 years on my TJ. Hasn't happened on my JL.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
yup.. hate the look of mudflaps but might be necessary.. doors and rear fenders where full of crap when i drove in a winter storm
Not a fan of mud flaps either, but on the JL I broke down and got a pair for the front. I'm not overly concerned about the paint or the interior, for me the final straw was having to break ice/slush out of the door handle. Wasn't an issue in my TJs, may not be an issue for me. The m/ts I have like throw big chunks of slush and it would gather in that door handle. Like others, I went with the rokblokz on the front. I've had them about a year so far they're fine. I have hit them on rocks offroading and they seem to flex and bend when they need to. Each side can be removed with three thumb screws while you're airing down for the trail, so they're not the worst thing ever. Nobody has laughed at them yet, at least not to my face.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
i will eventually mod but for now just looking to accessorize, especially wanna get ready to go naked this summer and im new to the jeep life so a bit overwhelmed by the number of aftermarket accessories available for this thing.
When you go naked, your rear seat belts will flap and will drive you crazy. Sure, you can spend $50 on a branded, purpose-built "seat belt silencer". Or, you can go to your local auto parts store and spend $13 on a pair of "seat belt comfort pads" that will perform the exact same function.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door accessories seat belt silencers
Sponsored