Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
There's not a lot of info on the forums about this, and not a lot of options, so I thought I'd start a thread for those looking for answers. So far, here's what I have found and installed successfully:
Rear differential -Got a Rancho one from Quadratec. Installed very easily.
Lower control arms - Got a set of Rock Hard plates from Quadratec. The rears fit very well. I haven't been able to get the nuts off of the fronts yet, so I haven't installed them but they look like they'll fit.
Oil pan and tranny - Mountain Off Road - their web site and instructions say that they only fit 3.6 and/or 4-door. I talked to one of the owners (I think) and he was 99% sure it would fit. It did. Not a hard install.
Sliders - Got the RockHard ones that tilt up. Very sturdy. Easy install.

Here's what I'm still missing:
Front differential - The Rancho one doesn't fit Rubicon. I tried. Metal Cloak makes one (they say) but you have to replace the cover and the track bar, and comes raw. Still looking for something like the Rancho that I installed on the rear. Rancho says June...maybe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
Asfir do an aluminium engine pan/ transmission skid. I had it originally on my 19 and transferred it to my 21. No issues.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
There's not a lot of info on the forums about this, and not a lot of options, so I thought I'd start a thread for those looking for answers. So far, here's what I have found and installed successfully:
Rear differential -Got a Rancho one from Quadratec. Installed very easily.
Lower control arms - Got a set of Rock Hard plates from Quadratec. The rears fit very well. I haven't been able to get the nuts off of the fronts yet, so I haven't installed them but they look like they'll fit.
Oil pan and tranny - Mountain Off Road - their web site and instructions say that they only fit 3.6 and/or 4-door. I talked to one of the owners (I think) and he was 99% sure it would fit. It did. Not a hard install.
Sliders - Got the RockHard ones that tilt up. Very sturdy. Easy install.

Here's what I'm still missing:
Front differential - The Rancho one doesn't fit Rubicon. I tried. Metal Cloak makes one (they say) but you have to replace the cover and the track bar, and comes raw. Still looking for something like the Rancho that I installed on the rear. Rancho says June...maybe.
I know we're quite a bit later from your original thread - but I'm hoping this Rough Country will fit the front diff on my '21.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-c...My4DAf9FsGA_C_zUBqgqObrgbOoq399RoCb5sQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
davewald

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Last year I had this front differential skid plate for a short time before it got all bent up. It was definitely used and abused.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door, 2.0 '21 Rubicon skid plates 12B5F096-AF2B-48AE-B646-523D2396E5CD
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door, 2.0 '21 Rubicon skid plates DFBDC910-B445-43E9-8FF3-37A65D587BB3
Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door, 2.0 '21 Rubicon skid plates 6F6B2837-F416-45FD-BCF5-85A9995226B9
Sponsored