First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I know that I posted this question already, but it`s kind of interesting that nobody could give a answer. I know a lot of you do your own work and those are the people I am reaching out to.
When you installed your coil spring lift, no matter what height 2, 2.5 3 3.5 etc. did your kit contain a different coil for each corner? From what I have read the Mopar kit has 4 different part numbers that correspond to where they get placed on the Jeep. Some kits have different thickness lower rubber/urethane/whatever, coil spring seats. A spacer kit does not require separate locations, just front and rear
Is it possible I am the only one that this poses a concern to?
Thanks to all in advance
Sponsored

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
The springs are different per corner due to how the weight is distributed across the Jeep. For example the gas tank being on one side of the vehicle changes the weight that side sees to the spring is different to properly compensate for that. Some spring manufacturers will take this into account while others may not find it as necessary. As far as spacers go those don't matter, its the rate of the springs that does.

OP
OP
richk225

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I agree 100% with you, take into consideration the trans, model, options. Etc.
All of these are taken to get the right spring height and rate. It still makes me wonder why certain manufacturers are going location specific just like Jeep did at the factory, and others are ‘generic ‘ Way back was the dreaded JK lean and hopefully not again for the JL.....
Sponsored