Sponsored

2.5 or 3.5 lift metalcloak on 19 rubicon.

MiamiJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RUBICON JL
I am between a metalcloak 2.5 lift on 37x13.5r20 or 3.5 lift on 38x15.5r22 on a 2019 Rubicon. I feel the 2.5 seems a bit to close to stock height so I’m leaning a bit toward the 3.5. If any of you have similar builds, I would appreciate if you can reply with photos of your rigs so I can get a better idea. If you went with a 3.5 did you have to change anything else in the Jeep other than the drive shaft ? My main goal is not off-road purposes but I would like to here and there. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I am between a metalcloak 2.5 lift on 37x13.5r20 or 3.5 lift on 38x15.5r22 on a 2019 Rubicon. I feel the 2.5 seems a bit to close to stock height so I’m leaning a bit toward the 3.5. If any of you have similar builds, I would appreciate if you can reply with photos of your rigs so I can get a better idea. If you went with a 3.5 did you have to change anything else in the Jeep other than the drive shaft ? My main goal is not off-road purposes but I would like to here and there. Thanks in advance.
I like the 3.5” with 37s but 38s would look great too. Besides the front drive shaft it’s a very complete kit. MC builds an excellent riding kit too

Brett

OP
OP
MiamiJL

MiamiJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RUBICON JL
I like the 3.5” with 37s but 38s would look great too. Besides the front drive shaft it’s a very complete kit. MC builds an excellent riding kit too

Brett
You have an MC suspension on yours? If so what height? I’ve read other posts where they get an inch higher after install due to MC height based off weight on Jeep.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have an MC suspension on yours? If so what height? I’ve read other posts where they get an inch higher after install due to MC height based off weight on Jeep.
I have an MC 3.5” game changer with rocksport shocks. I never did a before measurement but can take an after. I just installed a RK 3.5” x-factor with Radflo shocks on my wife’s. I need to get the final measurements and see what was gained. Both were lifted with 37s on stock suspensions.

Brett

Sponsored

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
I have an MC 3.5” game changer with rocksport shocks. I never did a before measurement but can take an after. I just installed a RK 3.5” x-factor with Radflo shocks on my wife’s. I need to get the final measurements and see what was gained. Both were lifted with 37s on stock suspensions.

Brett
Please post comparisons... I'm debating between the JK and the MC lifts. I have a winch and heavy bumper on the front and have already added a 1" Coil Spacer just to level the front end. From what I've researched I'm thinking the MC system will better compensate for that weight than the RK suspension will.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
MC and RK make good stuff.
Prefer the RK 3.5" lift on 37's (I am biased).

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 or 3.5 lift metalcloak on 19 rubicon. R2

Consider going with a long arm conversion (The above Jeep has a RK rear long arm.)
Much better ride.
Since the fenders are now gutted and Artec fenders liners are installed, 38's or even 40's are an option.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I feel the 2.5 seems a bit to close to stock height so I’m leaning a bit toward the 3.5. If any of you have similar builds, I would appreciate if you can reply with photos of your rigs so I can get a better idea.
I’m running the MC 2.5” Game Changer with 35’s and can tell you that it definitely added more than the 2.5”.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 or 3.5 lift metalcloak on 19 rubicon. {filename}

After:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please post comparisons... I'm debating between the JK and the MC lifts. I have a winch and heavy bumper on the front and have already added a 1" Coil Spacer just to level the front end. From what I've researched I'm thinking the MC system will better compensate for that weight than the RK suspension will.
I have sense pulled that MC when I took the Jeep back to stock. I really like RK, but I prefer MC more. I like the joints on the MC lifts better. Yes, they will wear out just like every other joint on the market. However when they do, it’s so simple to rebuild and doesn’t require anything special. MC really carries extra weight well from bumpers and winches.

Brett

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
MC GC 3.5 with Rocksport shocks on 37x12.5R17.

Sponsored

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive

wittyjeepusername

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
2.5 on 37's

Do you have any issues with rubbing on the 2.5" and 37's? I do quite a bit of wheeling, and would like to get into a lift that will clear 37's, but JLUR is also my daily driver, so wanting to do as little lifting as possible while still getting the added clearance of a small lift, and the larger tires, at some point. Also, any one running 37's feeling an immense need to regear from the stock 4.10 to 4.88 / 5.13 when running the 37's? Trying to plan ahead. One i wear down the stock 33's, i am going to have to break the news to the wife on total expenses to "replace tires" (replace tires = tires, lift, front drive shaft, and... regear?) ... HA!!!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Do you have any issues with rubbing on the 2.5" and 37's? I do quite a bit of wheeling, and would like to get into a lift that will clear 37's, but JLUR is also my daily driver, so wanting to do as little lifting as possible while still getting the added clearance of a small lift, and the larger tires, at some point. Also, any one running 37's feeling an immense need to regear from the stock 4.10 to 4.88 / 5.13 when running the 37's? Trying to plan ahead. One i wear down the stock 33's, i am going to have to break the news to the wife on total expenses to "replace tires" (replace tires = tires, lift, front drive shaft, and... regear?) ... HA!!!
No i don't have any real issues with rubbing. I am running 2" of bump stop extensions in the the rear and the tire just barely rubs the back of the plastic liner when fully stuffed. It hardly happens that I haven't bothered to trim the plastic liner. I was running 2" in the front also but I noticed that my adams driveshaft was lightly rubbing on the exhaust shield so I bumped it up to 3". I don't think the 3" bump stops in the front is really taking away from any performance. (see pics below)

As for the stock 4.10's with 37's I was just thinking about this yesterday. I will probably not regear any time soon. I did loose 8th gear on the higway but its not really a daily and usually only sees the highway on the way to wheelin. In town it still has enough power to keep me happy. It does hold gears a little longer but that doesn't bother me. btw I have the 3.6 with the auto.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 or 3.5 lift metalcloak on 19 rubicon. Rausch 5-24-2020

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 or 3.5 lift metalcloak on 19 rubicon. Rausch(3) 5-24-2020
Sponsored