First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Looking at this kit
AEV 2.5" DualSport RT Suspension System
I’m not set on any brand I’m open to suggestions. If I go with this one what else might I need?
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at this kit
AEV 2.5" DualSport RT Suspension System
I’m not set on any brand I’m open to suggestions. If I go with this one what else might I need?
Hi @roll I'm also looking at the AEV 2.5". The things I'm considering are the included control arm geometry correction brackets vs adjustable lower control arms. I've read the brackets may result in better handling, but you give up some ground clearance. but that loss of ground clearance is right behind the front wheels that will be climbing over the obstacle. Then there is the "Do I need front and rear track bars" question. Some say yes, others say no. When I eventually lift it I'll make the track bar decision after installation once I see how off center the axles actually are.
Don't think I was too helpful to you, but these are the things running through my head

OP
OP

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Hi @roll I'm also looking at the AEV 2.5". The things I'm considering are the included control arm geometry correction brackets vs adjustable lower control arms. I've read the brackets may result in better handling, but you give up some ground clearance. but that loss of ground clearance is right behind the front wheels that will be climbing over the obstacle. Then there is the "Do I need front and rear track bars" question. Some say yes, others say no. When I eventually lift it I'll make the track bar decision after installation once I see how off center the axles actually are.
Don't think I was too helpful to you, but these are the things running through my head
I’ve been reading and called a few companies. I’m retired and work part time to get out of house and wife lol. My boss happens to be a master mechanic and worked as a alinement man for years. He said he would pony up and buy the track bars. He’s going to put the lift on for me

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been reading and called a few companies. I’m retired and work part time to get out of house and wife lol. My boss happens to be a master mechanic and worked as a alinement man for years. He said he would pony up and buy the track bars. He’s going to put the lift on for me
Awesome! keep us posted on how it comes out.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I have the aev 2.5 lift for my 2dr

its good and comes with everything, id recommend a front track bar at the least, will help with steering and center axle

it’s stiff, aev lift is meant to have additional weight, steel rear bumper, heavy rear tire on the back, steel front etc.

im pretty light and it is decent. But I put extra weight in the back and it tames the ride down nicely.
Sponsored