2.5" lift with 0 offset 17x9 - UPDATE - AEV lift question

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
You will be fine with that backspace. The JKS lift requires a minimum of 5" backspace. The 4.53 inches of backspace of your current wheels gives you an extra .47 inches of clearance.
Thanks, I read that as minimum of 5" on their site too, but when I called them I was told it would specify that, and it only shows 5", which to me would seem odd, that would mean only someone with a 5" backspace on their wheels can use this lift without modifications??
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Thanks, I read that as minimum of 5" on their site too, but when I called them I was told it would specify that, and it only shows 5", which to me would seem odd, that would mean only someone with a 5" backspace on their wheels can use this lift without modifications??
No. It means that you have to have a minimum of 5" of backspace for clearance. So any backspace that is lower (ie. 4.5", 4", 3.5", etc.) will clear the suspension. Any wheel with a backspace greater than 5" (5.5", 6", etc) will possibly rub. Hope this kind of makes sense.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
No. It means that you have to have a minimum of 5" of backspace for clearance. So any backspace that is lower (ie. 4.5", 4", 3.5", etc.) will clear the suspension. Any wheel with a backspace greater than 5" (5.5", 6", etc) will possibly rub. Hope this kind of makes sense.
It does thanks!

OP
OP

dooms

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2021 JLU
Thanks for the info. I'm not too concerned about lead time unless it's more than 90 days. I will also have this done by local 4x4 shop. Did they tell you what would rub? If a fender is rubbing slightly at articulation I could prob live with that. If it would rub on suspension parts, that I don't think would be acceptable.
In my online chat with JKS, they indicated that the rubbing would be at the fender. I had the same concerns and specifically asked that same question. Though they indicated it would be at the fender, I just felt like there was a bit too much inconsistency between the website and the instructions. That, along with the fact that I really couldn't find any concrete examples online (and I searched pretty extensively) of anyone with that exact kit and wheel offset (5" BS) that would verify fitment.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
In my online chat with JKS, they indicated that the rubbing would be at the fender. I had the same concerns and specifically asked that same question. Though they indicated it would be at the fender, I just felt like there was a bit too much inconsistency between the website and the instructions. That, along with the fact that I really couldn't find any concrete examples online (and I searched pretty extensively) of anyone with that exact kit and wheel offset (5" BS) that would verify fitment.
I wonder if it’s this piece JKS is talking about. The majority of owners have to remove or modify this piece after installing larger tires due to rubbing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5" lift with 0 offset 17x9 - UPDATE - AEV lift question CCCA17F6-C8EB-4507-B07D-DCD103B3CF60

Sponsored

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Not sure if this forum is still going but just got this lift installed last week. Rides great..only think I’m noticing is a little bit of rubbing on the control arms making full hard turns. Running 37 Nittos..with Borah JL wheels. Offset should be good but maybe the Nittos run true to 37s? Can anyone help me with this?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this forum is still going but just got this lift installed last week. Rides great..only think I’m noticing is a little bit of rubbing on the control arms making full hard turns. Running 37 Nittos..with Borah JL wheels. Offset should be good but maybe the Nittos run true to 37s? Can anyone help me with this?
If they’re the ridge grapplers then they run about 1-12” under size. You can turn the stops out a little to help if not rubbing to hard.
Sponsored