Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The ride is a bit stiffer than the factory but not because of the springs. The rule of thumb is that springs give the height of the lift while shocks provide comfort for the ride. I'm running Fox shocks and overall they're pretty comfortable for me. I haven't been in other jeeps with other shocks so I can't really comment on how stiffer or looser the ride feels. I'd imagine the springs are a bit stiffer than some of the manufacturer's springs only because they're made to carry the extra weight without a lot of sagging. The Clayton kit has exceeded my expectation overall and I haven't had any issues with. I'm actually heading up to Colorado in a couple of weeks and I'll be hitting all the Badge of Honor trails while I'm up there.
Glad you're enjoying the kit! We do design our springs with a higher spring rate than factory springs, but in such a way that creates a more controlled/planted feeling ride rather than the floaty ride you get from the factory! Take some pictures while you're out in CO :like:
Sponsored