First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1976 CJ5
Occupation
Firefighter
First let me correct myself by saying I don't mean lowest cost, I just mean for what I need, what's the best in comparison to cost.

I was hoping I could get some opinions out there to help narrow my search. I'm going to be adding 35" tires and 17"-20" wheels (still unsure) in a couple months to the new JLU sport, and I'd like to go ahead and work on planning my lift.

It's an everyday driver for the next few months while I work on getting another engine in my H3, and will be my part time vehicle after that. I've owned a jeep for 25+ years so this isn't anything new, but now a days I only offroad about once a month or two, all trai and hilll: mudding / snow. No major rock climbing anymore.

Anyways, I haven't messed with any lifts for quite a few years, like over a decade lol, and I don't even really know what's out there anymore.

Any help with advice on what's a "good" brand out there for the price, for what I'll be doing would be great. I'm pretty sure I'm sticking to 2.5", with a max of 3".

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Rough Country and Rubicon Express both have spacer lifts that will be your most economical option. R.C. is a little under $200 while R.E. is a little under $400 for the comparable kit. I’ve heard good things about both. I plan on getting the R.C. leveling spacer lift for mine.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Rough Country and Rubicon Express both have spacer lifts that will be your most economical option. R.C. is a little under $200 while R.E. is a little under $400 for the comparable kit. I’ve heard good things about both. I plan on getting the R.C. leveling spacer lift for mine.

I did the 2.5 RC with shocks. Rides good.

OP
OP
d3vils-advocate

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
I did the 2.5 RC with shocks. Rides good.
Did you go with the RC spacer lift with new shocks? Or did you go with an entire new setup springs as well?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t speak on other lifts but @TTEChris of Tankcustoms did my RC budget boost using the existing shocks and springs and the ride is pretty darn good rolling on my 35’s

AFA2B675-F342-4D20-ADA6-C6343F84669C.jpeg

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Did you go with the RC spacer lift with new shocks? Or did you go with an entire new setup springs as well?

Just the spacers and shocks. Still thinking about springs.for the price difference I'd do the springs if I had to do it over.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
First let me correct myself by saying I don't mean lowest cost, I just mean for what I need, what's the best in comparison to cost.

I was hoping I could get some opinions out there to help narrow my search. I'm going to be adding 35" tires and 17"-20" wheels (still unsure) in a couple months to the new JLU sport, and I'd like to go ahead and work on planning my lift.

It's an everyday driver for the next few months while I work on getting another engine in my H3, and will be my part time vehicle after that. I've owned a jeep for 25+ years so this isn't anything new, but now a days I only offroad about once a month or two, all trai and hilll: mudding / snow. No major rock climbing anymore.

Anyways, I haven't messed with any lifts for quite a few years, like over a decade lol, and I don't even really know what's out there anymore.

Any help with advice on what's a "good" brand out there for the price, for what I'll be doing would be great. I'm pretty sure I'm sticking to 2.5", with a max of 3".

Thanks!
I went 2.5 RC spacer lift without shocks. 169 bucks delivered and rides like a dream.

OP
OP
d3vils-advocate

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Can’t speak on other lifts but @TTEChris of Tankcustoms did my RC budget boost using the existing shocks and springs and the ride is pretty darn good rolling on my 35’s

Looks great! I like it

Looks great! That's about the height I think I'm looking for with the 35". If you had to do it all over, would you do the same?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I like it

Looks great! That's about the height I think I'm looking for with the 35". If you had to do it all over, would you do the same?
Yes no regrets, it’s really funny though, I originally wanted chrome wheels and the more chrome the better and @TTEChris showed me lots of deep dish black or dark tinted wheels and I said no way then after changing my mind like 100x I came across the Method 312’s and it just clicked

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yes no regrets, it’s really funny though, I originally wanted chrome wheels and the more chrome the better and @TTEChris showed me lots of deep dish black or dark tinted wheels and I said no way then after changing my mind like 100x I came across the Method 312’s and it just clicked
Just say no to chrome :camera:

All jokes aside, I fall in love with those 312 wheels every time I get a chance to see them again. While they look great in pictures, they look even better in person!

OP
OP
d3vils-advocate

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Would you go springs now though if you had to do it over? That's where I'm having the hard time, springs or spacers ...

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Would you go springs now though if you had to do it over? That's where I'm having the hard time, springs or spacers ...
I know you are not asking me personally, but I will be installing a set of RC springs tomorrow on my Wife's JL to replace a set of Rancho springs she currently has on it(She had the RC Spacer lift prior as well.) She was much happier with the overall ride quality of the spacer lift over the Rancho springs while keeping the same set of shocks on both. While the Rancho springs make the Jeep feel a little more stable/controlled,especially when fully loaded on the highway, her short trips around town became a little more uncomfortable. I'm hoping the Rough Country linear springs which are supposed to be similar in spring rate to the OEM springs will bring things back to how they were with the spacer lift but a tad bit higher(We are installing 3.5" Springs.)

OP
OP
d3vils-advocate

d3vils-advocate

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
I know you are not asking me personally, but I will be installing a set of RC springs tomorrow on my Wife's JL to replace a set of Rancho springs she currently has on it(She had the RC Spacer lift prior as well.) She was much happier with the overall ride quality of the spacer lift over the Rancho springs while keeping the same set of shocks on both. While the Rancho springs make the Jeep feel a little more stable/controlled,especially when fully loaded on the highway, her short trips around town became a little more uncomfortable. I'm hoping the Rough Country linear springs which are supposed to be similar in spring rate to the OEM springs will bring things back to how they were with the spacer lift but a tad bit higher(We are installing 3.5" Springs.)
Let me know how they turn out after you've got them on if you don't mind. Thanks

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know how they turn out after you've got them on if you don't mind. Thanks
Replaced the Rancho Springs with the @Rough Country Suspensions 3.5" springs. Ride improvement(softer) was immediately noticed. The Rancho springs while having less body roll just rode a little stiff for my liking. I can't say how they compare to the spacer lift other than my wife's Jeep still rides slightly stiffer than @WranglerMan setup. That is most likely due to the tire choice and suspension geometry from the slightly taller lift... I have a feeling the 2.5" springs would ride very similar to the 2.5" spacer lift on the identical Jeep.

Overall I am very pleased with the swap. Once my wife wears out these tires I plan going to the C-Rated K02's as well. They were on backorder when I purchased her current set, but I'm regretting not waiting on them.
Sponsored