JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I traded that Jeep in for a 2021 Rubicon back in July, which also now has a 2.5” JKS lift kit. It too performs flawlessly.
Which kit did you run? I'm looking at a 2.5 lift J Konnect
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My mechanic, who I trust, says that drive shafts and boots are not an issue until you have about 6” of lift on the JL. He told me just to make sure I inspect underneath after wheeling. He is heavily into wheeling and has been for years; I trust him. The control arm brackets came with the JKS kit. By the way, I went with the Fox 2.0 shocks; you can option those when you buy the JKS kit.
The need for drive line replacement has nothing to do with the amount of lift you have. The extended length of your shocks determines whether or not you need to replace them. You could need a new front shaft with a 2" lift if your shocks allow enough down-travel.

Last edited:

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Which kit did you run? I'm looking at a 2.5 lift J Konnect
I believe mine is the same; I ordered it through my 4x4 shop. I optioned the Fox 2.0 shocks and the HD spring set.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
The need for drive line replacement had nothing to do with the amount of lift you have. The extended length of your shocks determines whether or not you need to replace them. You could need a new front shaft with a 2" lift if your shocks allow enough down-travel.
That’s an excellent point! I will ask him for clarification later this week. Perhaps he was only referring to JKS lift kits.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That’s an excellent point! I will ask him for clarification later this week. Perhaps he was only referring to JKS lift kits.
Yeah depending on which Fox shocks you went with you may need a new front shaft.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah depending on which Fox shocks you went with you may need a new front shaft.
When ordering the kits they offer the option of JSPEC or Fox 2.0 shocks, both tuned/built specifically for that lift kit. We didn’t go outside the kit parameters by purchasing shocks from an unrelated kit/source; we went with the Fox shocks built specifically for that kit and vehicle.

At full droop the typically-problematic front drive shaft was fine, with no rubbing or pinching. I checked this out at a different shop, on a lift. I did not disconnect the front sway bar. However, when off-road and fully flexed, while disconnected, there was still no rubbing or pinching.

The below pics are an example of what I mean by “fully flexed.” This was my previous Jeep JLU Sport with a 3.5” JKS lift. My current Jeep is a 2021 JLUR with a 2.5” JKS lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 inch lift advice 33610C1E-4B63-450F-85B4-28C9DA139837

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 inch lift advice 86C3A6A9-F64C-4B42-98B9-02A696CC2B80

cmyers11

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JLU Sport
Stock wheels are 17x7.5. Tires are P285/70R17 Toyo Open Country AT 2s.

By the way, I know I’m a pariah for saying so, but I like the stock wheels!

I did great before the lift with the Toyos, off-road. I want to get some crazy flex out of them, with this lift. I don’t anticipate going bigger than 35s eventually.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5 inch lift advice 86C3A6A9-F64C-4B42-98B9-02A696CC2B80
Hi there! I’m looking at the 2.5 lift for my sport. The J Konnect as well. Did you feel like you could eventually wheel 37s on your sport with that lift? How much of a lift did you actually get from it if you don’t mind sharing.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there! I’m looking at the 2.5 lift for my sport. The J Konnect as well. Did you feel like you could eventually wheel 37s on your sport with that lift? How much of a lift did you actually get from it if you don’t mind sharing.
Christian, I no longer have the Sport; I traded-in for a Rubicon. The lift netted 5” of lift, as it was a 3.5” lift. 2.5” will net around 4”. Yes. 37s would have definitely fit.
Sponsored